Monty 221 Ti 07

what happend to the prototype we saw earlyer?

IPB Image

that version seemed to be longer...while this one isnt that much different from the 2006 version

kinda dissapointed i would have thought that it would have more changes :(

but its so hard to improve such a good bike so i understand :P

don't like the paintjob aswell, the 2006 221ti paintjob is stil the best (Y)

Edited by Meteor~

Awesome, they now changed the look of the hope mono trial, such as tryall did it. :shifty:

"As more notable esthetical configuration options, this year exists the possibility to mount white, red or black rims; silver, red or blue chain and black or red pedals." Colored chains? WTF... Won't take long and DENG comes up with colored tyres :D

Looks absolutely beautiful, but i was appauled and disgusted to find out it has no Magura mounts; i could of been sick! So it looks like i'll be getting an '06 frame... After waiting, with my hopes high, too. (N)

F*CKING DISC'S! :angry:

Joe.

same old monty shit frames hardly changed in luks monty have no imagination..they need to do summat different (N) ...it nice dnt get me wrong but its not drasticly chaged in four years to say there one of the leading companys they dnt think too much on there desighns :(

christof

same old monty shit frames hardly changed in luks monty have no imagination..they need to do summat different (N) ...it nice dnt get me wrong but its not drasticly chaged in four years to say there one of the leading companys they dnt think too much on there desighns :(

christof

you said you loved monty frames?

Anyways My python OWNS all Montys and mod frames plus all 26 frames!

LONG low and silver deffinetly!

www.zoobike.com!

www.selectbikes.com!

I actually think that looks absoutley Wank. It might be entirley due to the fact that the bars are angled as I would expect my granny to like, infact, are they new bars too?

I really don't like it very much at all, the prototype looked much better.

I'll get an '06 Ti when these come out, hopefully by then they won't cost an arm and a leg.

Ohh, and a monty freewheel too, my we are getting spoilt for choice now.

Edited by jake1516

From Tim @ Trialsin:

Maria (Ots mom) told me these should become available sometime in September. I think the price will be the same as the '06/Magura Marta model. Geometry, feedback from those who have ridden/own them is great. Personally I think that the 72 degree headtube angle helps in the "flickable" factor.......

221PR is out of stock now, but '07 model (again due in September, so they tell me) will be sporting dual disc set up. Not sure on the price on that one yet.

Everything (geometry and parts) essentially looks the same as '06 Ti/PR...but with brake change and repaint. Can't blame them.... have been quite popular.

Sound's like monty are leaving rim brake's behind..... not so sure if alienating at least half of the market will help to continue the frames being popular.

Wooooo I can see it now. Haha why is everyone getting soo excited.. It looks pretty much identical to the 06 except it has a bit of black paint sprayed on it. Probs will have some good improvements geometry and weight wise though although I think the rear disc only was a bad idea.

I actually think that looks absoutley Wank. It might be entirley due to the fact that the bars are angled as I would expect my granny to like, infact, are they new bars too?

I really don't like it very much at all, the prototype looked much better.

I'll get an '06 Ti when these come out, hopefully by then they won't cost an arm and a leg.

Ohh, and a monty freewheel too, my we are getting spoilt for choice now.

wow didnt expect that :P i agree, lol that paintjob looks so shit the whole bike just looks a state its too dark and then white rims :lol: . if they did it in silver then i think itd look alot nicer but thats just a 06 monty without magura mounts and a gash paint job monty are just getting worse now. look at the frames there nothing special, there not exactly low theyre ridiculousely over priced, they snap. theyre uber short, theyre constantly using the same design, which cracks at the chainstay / bb it has done since the 04 model and they stil havent changed it so no doubt this one will, just comparing the monty frame to koxx xtp, zoo python etc it just looks shit but it costs twice the price! And now your being forced to use disc brakes on them which on natural are bearable but as soon as you start putting strain on them from a dropgap for example they just slip straight away not to mention how tempremental they are so theyre not going to be any good on street. I really cant see why people stil love monty theyre poor now compared to their competitors, koxx etc (N) Cant see that selling very well at all

Edited by Gaz M

wow didnt expect that :P i agree, lol that paintjob looks so shit the whole bike just looks a state its too dark and then white rims :lol: . if they did it in silver then i think itd look alot nicer but thats just a 06 monty without magura mounts and a gash paint job monty are just getting worse now. look at the frames there nothing special, there not exactly low theyre ridiculousely over priced, they snap. theyre uber short, theyre constantly using the same design, which cracks at the chainstay / bb it has done since the 04 model and they stil havent changed it so no doubt this one will, just comparing the monty frame to koxx xtp, zoo python etc it just looks shit but it costs twice the price! And now your being forced to use disc brakes on them which on natural are bearable but as soon as you start putting strain on them from a dropgap for example they just slip straight away not to mention how tempremental they are so theyre not going to be any good on street. I really cant see why people stil love monty theyre poor now compared to their competitors, koxx etc (N) Cant see that selling very well at all

Soooooo, soooooo true! :(

christof

Its not worth changing perfection.