House / Club Music

Jason

I'd say happy hardcore is a step above the likes of Faithless and Prodigy! If I want to dance to music going at 200bpm till my heart explodes, then obviously it's just the job. However, if you want something you can actually dance to instead of play out the windows of a smokey 306 diesel with a 'phat' bodykit you've 'rinsed' your hard earned on, in between Dave Pearce's Dance Anthems, then may I suggest the following artists?

Space Cowboy

Apollo 440

Fatboy Slim or even his Compilations

Chemical Brothers

Basement Jaxx

Freestylers

Junkie XL

Mylo

Or, for something a little more down tempo but with funk:Groove Armada

I'd say happy hardcore is a step above the likes of Faithless and Prodigy! If I want to dance to music going at 200bpm till my heart explodes, then obviously it's just the job. However, if you want something you can actually dance to instead of play out the windows of a smokey 306 diesel with a 'phat' bodykit you've 'rinsed' your hard earned on, in between Dave Pearce's Dance Anthems, then may I suggest the following artists?

Hehe Happy Hardcore for the win, you got Bonkers 16 yet? I dont have enought pennies :(

i used to have LOADS. but i can never remember there names lol.

Darude

Barthezz

Lasgo

Robert Miller

Tom Harding (if you can actually find any of his music please msn it to me.)

They are a few good 'ens, i'll try and think up some more.

Edited by Barber

Hehe Happy Hardcore for the win, you got Bonkers 16 yet? I dont have enought pennies :(

Its crap, infact happy hardcore is crap.! :-

i'm more in to drum n bass, i know loads of artist for that lol, can only think of the artist above for the stuff your looking for.

Edited by Sir-GU-Murphy

Its crap, infact happy hardcore is crap.! :-

i totally agree with that. My dad taught me how to pop, lock and do the robot and stuff. So i only like things you can actually dance to rarther than music that just gives you a heart attack.

now all you need to do is take Loads of Ecxtacy and youll be complete......

You loved it that night. Don't deny it. :P

I listen to this shit for some reason.

Ministry of Sound - Funky house sessions 2006, is f**king excellent if you're into it.

Aim for some of the superstars of the industry like:

Fatboy Slim

System F (Ferry Corsten)

DJ Tiesto

Paul Van Dyke

Kernkraft 400

Energy 52(Moby doing dance music)

If you want anymore ask or if you would like the song names

(Lasgo are sh*t)

Edited by Euro Braker

Aim for some of the superstars of the industry like:

Fatboy Slim

System F (Ferry Corsten)

DJ Tiesto

Paul Van Dyke

Kernkraft 400

Energy 52(Moby doing dance music)

If you want anymore ask or if you would like the song names

(Lasgo are sh*t)

you don't like lasgo would of been a more realistic comment. You can't say an artist is shit because you don't like them. I don't like opera doesn't mean they don't have talent. :sleeping:

Get on! if you liking the dance music, you just need to find what particular genre really floats your boat to allow you to really grow to love it, theres an abundance of choices - funky house, electro, trance, breakbeat, prog house, HH, etc...

My particular favourite is breakbeat/electro stuff. people such as Soulwax/2 many DJ's, Bugz in the attic, funk d'void, adam freelander, plump DJ's, krafty kuts.

for something a little harder and more repettitive try a mix album from Sasha, jon digweed or danny tenaglia

more jazzy/funky - MAW (masters at work), DJ gregory, Hed Kandi albums, defected in the house

or a bit of everything is only gonna come from compilations - renaissance classics, ministry of sound sessions, etc etc.....

welcome to heart and soul of music (Y)

you guys are so out of date and commercial it's a joke. Honestly, try some of the following (Go to djdownload.com to hear previews)

Chris Lake

James Zabiela

Meat Katie

Steve Angello

Tomas Schumacher

Vandal

the list goes on...

Forget cheesey girly pop dance, it's awful. The real clubbing scene is all around tech house and vocal electro - cheesey trancey house is definately getting boring and is only played in grotty clubs in small towns.

I'm not trying to look 'cool' here, but pop dance is extremely cheesey, and extremely shite.

Clubland Xtreme Hardcore is tripe too, if you want decent hardcore look up Hardwired by Scott Brown and some of the Hardcore Til I Die CD's. Bonkers isn't too bad although it is getting very commercial.

Trust me, i'm a DJ and a producer - mass produced pop trance is all generic - same synths, same stupidly lovey dovey girly lyrics and almost identical beat patterns and drops.

Forget Lasgo and things like that, that's 90's fashion - if you like trance try Tiesto - still commercial but very well produced and so much more interesting than the same old shite churned out from the likes of Ministry Of Sound (A label that once was the pinnacle of dance, now is dragging down the reputation of serious clubbers).

Oh, and some of us can rave til 7 am without taking drugs. Thanks.

I'm sorry to sound arsey but it's frustrating when people call things names when they aren't it. Like you guys get angry when someone calls Green Day goth music. Pendulum is NOT house - it's D'n'B and breakbeat.

Some of the artists up there might not be as jolly and bouncy as your Clubland rubbish but if you produce music you'll see it's a damn sight harder to make and a lot more technical than the same old piano & woman formula the top 40 has seen for the past 8 or so years. Clubbing is changing and people are gradually coming round to this new style - most decent clubs in Brighton play this type of thing now - the only places left playing this pop dance out-of-date formula is places like Yates'. Places like these filled with bleach blonde slappers that listen to Clubland in their Punto's covered in playboy bunnies and other pink stickers - this isn't the way forward for serious music lovers.

Once again, sorry but i'm passionate about what I do and this kind of music gets real producers a bad name. If I say I like dance music people automatically think of chavs blasting commercial shit out of their badly done up nova's.

If anyone wants to hear my type of thing add me to MSN and i'll send you my latest promo mix - it's the type of dance music you need :D

Get on! if you liking the dance music, you just need to find what particular genre really floats your boat to allow you to really grow to love it, theres an abundance of choices - funky house, electro, trance, breakbeat, prog house, HH, etc...

My particular favourite is breakbeat/electro stuff. people such as Soulwax/2 many DJ's, Bugz in the attic, funk d'void, adam freelander, plump DJ's, krafty kuts.

for something a little harder and more repettitive try a mix album from Sasha, jon digweed or danny tenaglia

more jazzy/funky - MAW (masters at work), DJ gregory, Hed Kandi albums, defected in the house

or a bit of everything is only gonna come from compilations - renaissance classics, ministry of sound sessions, etc etc.....

welcome to heart and soul of music (Y)

You my friend are heading in the right direction!

John Digweed's Fabriclive album is well worth a listen!!

you guys are so out of date and commercial it's a joke. Honestly, try some of the following (Go to djdownload.com to hear previews)

Chris Lake

James Zabiela

Meat Katie

Steve Angello

Tomas Schumacher

Vandal

the list goes on...

Forget cheesey girly pop dance, it's awful. The real clubbing scene is all around tech house and vocal electro - cheesey trancey house is definately getting boring and is only played in grotty clubs in small towns.

I'm not trying to look 'cool' here, but pop dance is extremely cheesey, and extremely shite.

Clubland Xtreme Hardcore is tripe too, if you want decent hardcore look up Hardwired by Scott Brown and some of the Hardcore Til I Die CD's. Bonkers isn't too bad although it is getting very commercial.

Trust me, i'm a DJ and a producer - mass produced pop trance is all generic - same synths, same stupidly lovey dovey girly lyrics and almost identical beat patterns and drops.

Forget Lasgo and things like that, that's 90's fashion - if you like trance try Tiesto - still commercial but very well produced and so much more interesting than the same old shite churned out from the likes of Ministry Of Sound (A label that once was the pinnacle of dance, now is dragging down the reputation of serious clubbers).

Oh, and some of us can rave til 7 am without taking drugs. Thanks.

I'm sorry to sound arsey but it's frustrating when people call things names when they aren't it. Like you guys get angry when someone calls Green Day goth music. Pendulum is NOT house - it's D'n'B and breakbeat.

Some of the artists up there might not be as jolly and bouncy as your Clubland rubbish but if you produce music you'll see it's a damn sight harder to make and a lot more technical than the same old piano & woman formula the top 40 has seen for the past 8 or so years. Clubbing is changing and people are gradually coming round to this new style - most decent clubs in Brighton play this type of thing now - the only places left playing this pop dance out-of-date formula is places like Yates'. Places like these filled with bleach blonde slappers that listen to Clubland in their Punto's covered in playboy bunnies and other pink stickers - this isn't the way forward for serious music lovers.

Once again, sorry but i'm passionate about what I do and this kind of music gets real producers a bad name. If I say I like dance music people automatically think of chavs blasting commercial shit out of their badly done up nova's.

If anyone wants to hear my type of thing add me to MSN and i'll send you my latest promo mix - it's the type of dance music you need :D

You my friend are heading in the right direction!

John Digweed's Fabriclive album is well worth a listen!!

oh my god james zabeila, how did i forget him! the most technically accomplished DJ in the world, he is stunningly good.

I was in Ibiza 2 weeks ago and went to renaissance at Pacha, my god it was amazing, Deep dish and CJ mackintosh absolutely tore the roof off, i didn't stop dancing for 4hrs!

You should send me your promo mix Mike, id send you mine in return i need to get it on my laptop first (Y)

MSN - tommo@biketrials.com

Some good trance producers/dj's

Kyau vs. Albert

Thrillseekers

Above and Beyond / Oceanlab

Blank and Jones

Way Out West

Lost Witness

Gareth Emery

Gabriel and Dresden

Ferry Corsten

Armin Van Buuren

Markus Schulz

John O Bir

Smith and Pledger

Lange

Tech stuff -

Marcel Woods

Sander Van Doorn

Marco V

Martin Roth

Trance Alliance lets you download live sets aswell (Y)

Edit: Added a few more...

Edited by SamHolmes