Urgent News! Southwest Bike Trial Date Change!

Matt_Tupman

Urgent news!! Our 3rd round trial originally planned for the 30th of July (this sunday!) has now been changed to the following Saturday on the 5th of August.

This is due to a large amount of riders going to watch the World Motorbike trial in Shropshire this weekend.

The trial will still be held at Hedge Barton, Dartmoor!

Please let anyone know about this date change who you think may be wanting to attend.

If you have any questions please get in touch (Y)

Matt

OK, have PMed Matt, but just in case he doesn't get to see it in time, can anybody help with directions please!

I'll be coming from the Plymouth direction, probably via the A38, but from there I'm stumped. Someone said it was towards Newton Abbot, but that's all I've been told :P

Tried plugging it into AA/RAC Routefinders etc, but they don't have Hedge Barton as a known location :-

Thanks,

Luke

Coming from Plymouth (by memory so could be the odd error):

Come off the A38 at the Newton Abbot/Bovey Tracey Junction. Take the second left to Bovey Tracey (I think it's the second...) go straight over the first roundabout and then turn left at the second (which has some wierd but neatly stacked stones in the middle) go up the hill for a bit and take a left (which should be signposted to Haytor but might not be) follow that road along. You'll drive past haytor on your right, keep going, will go over a cattle grid (immediately followed by the road banking right) and you then want to take the next right (road kind of drops down a bit as you take the turning) follow the road along for about half a mile and Hedge Barton is on your left (you can see it from the road as you drive towards it i.e will be able to see other people.)

Hope that helps, see you on sunday!

Rich

Nah don't worry about it mate, I'm sure I'll get there in the end!

And thanks for the convoy offer, but with my car you wouldn't get there 'til next years comp... ;)

I've got Alex's number if I do need to get hold of anyone, but I'm sure I'll find it easily enough what with all the signs etc.

Don't eat yellow snow, don't stand up in a canoe etc etc etc...

Was a good day, well done mate.

All I know is that I'm not dead and need lots of food and sleep!

Haha, results should look interesting... :P

Thanks for today bud, was awesome though. First comp, and looking forward to a few more I think! ^_^