Why Do You Have To Post A Certain Way?

flex

Just dont understand why you guys want people to type out the posts a certain way and what not.... seems a little wierd to me. Also why do you have the validated system that you have? is it to make the full members feel more supior to pre-members in there own sad little way or something? if not correct me by all means i just don't understand what the site gains by this??? :huh: if this question has already been posted i'm sorry before i get told to use the search bar....

Just dont understand why you guys want people to type out the posts a certain way and what not.... seems a little wierd to me. Also why do you have the validated system that you have? is it to make the full members feel more supior to pre-members in there own sad little way or something? if not correct me by all means i just don't understand what the site gains by this??? :huh: if this question has already been posted i'm sorry before i get told to use the search bar....

I will let somebody else explain, im getting bored.

Dan.

It's just so that you don't get people coming on forum and doing stupid stuff like posting a fs add when rely there not selling anything or telling everyone theirs a trial on and people go to it and theirs nothing there.

I think

thanks for reading my opinion Matt Rushton,

I also believe it's to teach people how to spell and type.

It gets reallyannoying reading alll the misspelled words and text type crap.

You won't believe how many of the new members can't spell for their lives.

Matt.

I also believe it's to teach people how to spell and type.

It gets reallyannoying reading alll the misspelled words and text type crap.

You won't believe how many of the new members can't spell for their lives.

Matt.

lol i take it you misspelled things then and used incorrect english as a joke then... :P

Personally i think i have done some quality posts to help people and stuff but i don't think the moderators or senior members have noticed me yet :( Oh well i will just get on with it and if i'm noticed i will be greatfull as i can post in members chat and reply in the videos and riding pictures section and also fs and wntd section.

Edited by BIG L

does it not anoy you Big L when you've made quality posts... then you have full members that post things like the above.....

Without trying to be condescending, when you've been on the forum for more than 25 hours you kinda see the need with some of the people we have and have had on here. When you get people who just make up accounts to try and spam the forum, it means it's all contained in one forum area, they can't PM/abuse other members of the main forum particularly easily, people can get an idea of whether you're reputable or not for when they want to deal with you in terms of the FS/WTD section, and so on. It seems harsh when you first join, but having been on here for 5 to 5 1/2 years, you kinda see the benefits of it. About once every two months at least you'll find a topic that some tool's started and there'll be a "This is why we have the validation system" post.

I have to admit it does but if you try hard and think very deeply about your posts they are bound to notice you one day and then you will be very chuffed as you know you have done well and you deserve to be a full member :rolleyes:

Without trying to be condescending, when you've been on the forum for more than 25 hours you kinda see the need with some of the people we have and have had on here. When you get people who just make up accounts to try and spam the forum, it means it's all contained in one forum area, they can't PM/abuse other members of the main forum particularly easily, people can get an idea of whether you're reputable or not for when they want to deal with you in terms of the FS/WTD section, and so on. It seems harsh when you first join, but having been on here for 5 to 5 1/2 years, you kinda see the benefits of it. About once every two months at least you'll find a topic that some tool's started and there'll be a "This is why we have the validation system" post.

yeah point well taken - just letting you know i wasn't saying it to BIG L as a retorical question trying to say i'm annoyed because i'm not a full member or anything i was genually asking him the question :) i've only been hear like you say about 25 hours, so i have no right to moan or anything.

Edited by flex

I have been coming to this forum for over a year, i have never needed to post anything really, but when i do i haven't the access to the topics that are relevent to me. Recently i needed to reply to topics such as london rides and as a newbie i cant do this (sorry to all you london riders, Chai, Tim, Sponge and the rest).

I think that this system of needing having to prove yourself is very condescending especially since i have been a moderator on three large forums, but is a necessary evil, it obviously does filter out the twats who have nothing better to do than spam and post shallow topics.

As newbies i guess we feel beneath the full members, even if that isn't the case....

lol i take it you misspelled things then and used incorrect english as a joke then... :P

I am sorry but I don't understand, are you saying that I spelled something wrong and that I am not using correct english?

If I did something wrong then could you please point it out for me, because I can not see what you mean.

You should also use punctuation with your typing so that your sentances don't go on forever, and things of that nature.

Matt.

Lolz.

I love the way all the members come in shouting and screaming about spelling and grammar, when no doubt 99% typed just as worse, if not worse then the current New Members.

It has nothing to do with superiority, or a need to educate you (although thats a bonus), but if you've been here as long as some of the members have, or hell, even i've been here long enough to witness it, when 1 or 2 school friends discover their mate surfs the site, and they sign up just to post random and useless shit. Rather then it being spread across how ever many forums, and how ever many topics, which would take a considerable amount of time to find and remove, depending on the severity, having it all here makes it a lot easier.

It also means people don't get ripped off. As has been proven time and time again when people go into deals with new members, most either run of with the money, never send the money, or just generally f**k you about and waste your time.

The system is here for a reason, and it works. Yes, the odd occasion the way it works will stop genuine people signing up, but compared to the shite that used to get posted, thats fine.

I am sorry but I don't understand, are you saying that I spelled something wrong and that I am not using correct english?

If I did something wrong then could you please point it out for me, because I can not see what you mean.

You should also use punctuation with your typing so that your sentances don't go on forever, and things of that nature.

Matt.

er, you missed a space out and could probably have hyphenated misspelling (to be honest, i'm not sure what the right way is on that one) but that's not the sort of thing that'll get you shot. the simple rule is this....

cock + uselss = not validated

not cock + useful = validated

the maths is fairly rudimentary

( i don't have to capitalise or punctuate properly because i already got validated :P )

I love it when new members are trying to get validated and start saying how good there spelling and grammar are. Then they spell everything wrong in that same post. :P

I don't want to sound like a fanny Boris but you only got validated about a week ago and you still spell like a 3 year old. Please figure out where their, there, and they're go in a sentence and use capital I's.