Onza Ronnie Rim

matt!

i have jst perchased a ronnie rim a 2 weeks back, i put a grind on a soon as i purchased it, rode it for a while then de-built it to replace the hub and spokes, i did so then put another grind on to get rid of all finger prints etc, did a little 6ft gap today and it cracked on the joint, tried to bend it out with mold grips and snapped it, dear o dear..... any one else had bad experiences with onza ronnie rims or any other rims if so please state, also please suggest a decent rim that i could buy, p.s iam not crazy with a grinder so the grinds where not deep! and i only weight 9.3 stone so iam not a fat bast*d either :P

cheers matt!

i had a dx32 there worse than ronnie rims, koxx are alright but after about 2-3 grinds they start cracking,snapping,flat spotting etc.... i dunno what to get PLEASE HELP!!! if you suggest not grinding the rim what pads should i use? zoo pads............

matt

Edited by matt!

smoth rim......zoo pads.........tar_____=____IMMENSE ! :)

Get a Koxx or DX32.

1 light grind and Plaz pads.

Mat

ive heard these too methods both work,but i need a more acurate answear, so in other words witch one is best, or is there a better pad/rim.....

matt

i have jst perchased a ronnie rim a 2 weeks back, i put a grind on a soon as i purchased it, rode it for a while then de-built it to replace the hub and spokes, i did so then put another grind on to get rid of all finger prints etc, did a little 6ft gap today and it cracked on the joint, tried to bend it out with mold grips and snapped it, dear o dear..... any one else had bad experiences with onza ronnie rims or any other rims if so please state, also please suggest a decent rim that i could buy, p.s iam not crazy with a grinder so the grinds where not deep! and i only weight 9.3 stone so iam not a fat bast*d either :P

cheers matt!

Brand new or 2nd hand?

Did you grind them rim as it was built as wheel or rim only?

Finger print on the sidewall so you regorund it!!!

Did you have the right spoke lengths, also did you build it the right 3x or 4x way and not back to forn or soewmthing other?

It don;t matter how heavy you are but you could be light as a feather but come crashing down!

Did or do you run some stpuid ass tyre presure?

I've re-built my 1 Ronnie rim about 15 times now! It's had 8 Grinds and does a 12ft drop pretty much every time i ride me bike! I have just noticed aafter trying differnt psi and silly low 12psi was my lowest i have a tiny split apearing on the join! Back to normal psi all is good!

I grind the hell out of my rim, it's got some nasty slips with the grinder where i 1st learnt how to use one! Well till i devloped my grinding skill which rocks!

I'll be honest, sounds like you built the rim wrong!, spoke legnth, tightness, build style

Also you don;t explain eaxctly when you ground it but i'm pretty sure that alkso the reason!

I weight when i 1st had my ronnie about 10stone and now have put shea dload of weight on and now 13stone leats and with 12psi and harsh grnd and 12ft drop not softly it hasn;t died yet!!

I'm around 16 stone and have ground my rim well over 25 times now. Its dented everywhere and has only just started to get some tiny cracks on it.... I'm going to keep running this rim till its completely dead.

I think you either messed up the build like pete said or just got a duff rim.

I'm around 16 stone and have ground my rim well over 25 times now. Its dented everywhere and has only just started to get some tiny cracks on it.... I'm going to keep running this rim till its completely dead.

I think you either messed up the build like pete said or just got a duff rim.

Ronnies ARE NOT CRAP i have been running mine for quite a while now and i'm not smooth in the slightest and i weigh a fair bit. however i have heard if you grind them that they do become quite weak luckily i run mine smooth anyway. Also i thought i saw someone say damon might only be running an onza because of sponsors but last time i checked hes not sponsored by onza :mellow:

what ever you do dont get echo rims had about 5 light slash medium grinds and my rear rim looks like its

been done up the duff more times than a prostitute :lol: the front is just as bad half the amount of flat spots but more stress marks (N) dan

Edited by dan more

Matt ... you need to cut down on them pie's :lol:, nah it's just becuase ronnie's have really big sidewalls witch makes them dent easier. If I were you i would get a Try-All for your next rim, I've heard good shizwack about them.

I know may call this a dig but the size of the side walls doesn't make them dent any easyer he extra bit of sidewall come up in a lip on the inside of the rim (Y) .

Brand new or 2nd hand?

Did you grind them rim as it was built as wheel or rim only?

Finger print on the sidewall so you regorund it!!!

Did you have the right spoke lengths, also did you build it the right 3x or 4x way and not back to forn or soewmthing other?

It don;t matter how heavy you are but you could be light as a feather but come crashing down!

Did or do you run some stpuid ass tyre presure?

I've re-built my 1 Ronnie rim about 15 times now! It's had 8 Grinds and does a 12ft drop pretty much every time i ride me bike! I have just noticed aafter trying differnt psi and silly low 12psi was my lowest i have a tiny split apearing on the join! Back to normal psi all is good!

I grind the hell out of my rim, it's got some nasty slips with the grinder where i 1st learnt how to use one! Well till i devloped my grinding skill which rocks!

I'll be honest, sounds like you built the rim wrong!, spoke legnth, tightness, build style

Also you don;t explain eaxctly when you ground it but i'm pretty sure that alkso the reason!

I weight when i 1st had my ronnie about 10stone and now have put shea dload of weight on and now 13stone leats and with 12psi and harsh grnd and 12ft drop not softly it hasn;t died yet!!

pete its nto 12 foot

more like 8 :-

my first ronnie sucked balls, got like 4 dents and two cracks, my lateest one has got one dent, im going for a koxx rim next .

Yeah 8ft not 12ft sorry!!

I ahd an Echo off bigman, built it up and was mint for a day, dent, ding, bends then we kileld it in seconds...SHITE deng sort you fooking act out mate!!

Ronnie don;t die only if you build them badly! You can girnd the hell out of them and they last for a silly long time!

Trust a go 40% of us here have