What Dol U Think Of A Monty 221pro

Hendy

Monty prs are decent bikes but you should set your standards a bit higher and get a second hand monty ti. I've never rode on a monty pr but i have heard a lot of negative comments being said about it and apparently they are quiet heavy bikes. So i would say don't go for the monty pr but its entirely up to you. Its better to get more peoples point of view before you make your mind up though.

ryno (Y)

i have heard nothing but good things about them and seeing as the 2006 version has sold out all over the world then im asumeing they are good. you will have to wait though till the 2007 221pr is out as it isn't possible to get this years anymore.

It's a f**kin beast.

Ryno's opinion is directly opposite to mine. My bike is very light, the only problem I can see is at the bottombracket/chainstay area there isn't as much re-inforcement for the bash guard mount's as is on the Ti's.

Yeh, I think the full bike's a bit pricey, but the frame alone was an absolute steal at £150 brand new, I wonder how much the 07's (frame only) are going to be when they come out.....

but i have heard a lot of negative comments being said about it and apparently they are quiet heavy bikes.

DONT BE SILLY

I got the monty 221pr06

standard spec-picked it up with 2 fingers

i m pretty sure monty looks at weight as a main issue

*after their crazy weight reduction on the new 221Ti*

anyways

monty 221pr 06 is amazing (Y)

no dout

but on standard spec

you ll need to change the freewheel

longer handle bar (my opinon)

and thats it untill you break parts then upgrade :D

so its a deffo yes for getting the bike (Y)(Y)

DONT BE SILLY

I got the monty 221pr06

standard spec-picked it up with 2 fingers

i m pretty sure monty looks at weight as a main issue

*after their crazy weight reduction on the new 221Ti*

anyways

monty 221pr 06 is amazing (Y)

no dout

but on standard spec

you ll need to change the freewheel

longer handle bar (my opinon)

and thats it untill you break parts then upgrade :D

so its a deffo yes for getting the bike (Y)(Y)

Right enough? The bars are the same as come on the 221Ti, and I have to say I absoutley love mine, I seriously can't see myself ever using any other bars for trials again, £44 might seem pricey, but they really are premium!

Right enough? The bars are the same as come on the 221Ti, and I have to say I absoutley love mine, I seriously can't see myself ever using any other bars for trials again, £44 might seem pricey, but they really are premium!

yer i agree with the fact that its a great bar to use :D

i just prefer longer bars :P

because my shoulders are wider

so yer if they made a longer bar :-

it would be perfect (Y)

yer i agree with the fact that its a great bar to use :D

i just prefer longer bars :P

because my shoulders are wider

so yer if they made a longer bar :-

it would be perfect (Y)

thanks guys for your comments... anyone have a idea of how much the 07 will be casue all the 2006 are out of stock and they will get the 07 in stock in september.. That means i dont have a bike until then :((N) thanks Josh

alright im buying a new monty 221 pro and i was wondeing if any 1 knew what they were like and if they coukd help me decide wherever they are good or not... cheers (Y)

Where are you getting one because i was going to get one of cleanbikes but they are sold out and don't know when they are getting their new frames in.

Monty prs are decent bikes but you should set your standards a bit higher and get a second hand monty ti. I've never rode on a monty pr but i have heard a lot of negative comments being said about it and apparently they are quiet heavy bikes. So i would say don't go for the monty pr but its entirely up to you. Its better to get more peoples point of view before you make your mind up though.

ryno (Y)

We have 2 prs, a 05 & 06 & they are both lighter than my ti,s probably because of the hope brakes etc on the ti,s! :P

Still brilliant bikes & well worth the money, Imo they don't ride to much different to the ti either. (Y)

We have 2 prs, a 05 & 06 & they are both lighter than my ti,s probably because of the hope brakes etc on the ti,s! :P

Still brilliant bikes & well worth the money, Imo they don't ride to much different to the ti either. (Y)

alright do u mean u have a brand new 06 monty 221pro.. if so how much becasue i can get 1 for £615 so if you can get it the same or cheaper then im interested (Y):P oh and whats lighter a standard zona zip or a monty 221pro

Edited by hendy

Wow, you can give abuse over the 'net, congratulations.

However, I'll be more impressed when you can spell your own name, or count to 10.

How old are you, 13, 14 at a push perhaps?

Damn I'd hate to be you...

Edit: Thanks Mark, I feel a lot safer now...

And sorry for getting a bit lairy... :-

Edited by rideside