'inverted' Tyre Tread..

Walleee

It'd be good for proper streety type riding cos knobbles make rolling shit and rolling is good on street. I think you'd be onto a bit of a loser when it came to rocks and logs tohugh.

Street wise at least, isn't it the tyre folding over stuff that gives you a lot of the grip rather than the knobbles ?

I'm kinda curious as to what a completely bald creepy crawler would be like so I'm going to let mine go smooth and ride it for a while

i used to ride street with a DMR Moto RT on the front and it gripped smooth concrete like no other (mint for endos/front pivots etc)

considering running a Maxxis HolyRoller 2.4 on the front after a while for the same effect - plus i've got a skatepark right next door and any 'knobbly tyres' are shit in there...

It'd be good for proper streety type riding cos knobbles make rolling shit and rolling is good on street. I think you'd be onto a bit of a loser when it came to rocks and logs tohugh.

Street wise at least, isn't it the tyre folding over stuff that gives you a lot of the grip rather than the knobbles ?

I'm kinda curious as to what a completely bald creepy crawler would be like so I'm going to let mine go smooth and ride it for a while

ask iolo. he has completly slick highrollers ( as in no tread at all. like a road tyre

You wouldn't get suction, you'd get compression!

The air in the wholes wouldn't be able to escape and would be compressed as the tyre pushed down on the road. Best case scenario you'd get lots of little farting noises as the air escaped. Worst case scenario the tyre would actually be riding on little air cusions, similar to a hovercraft, which is not good for grip (anyone who's ever had a go in a hovercraft will know this)!!!

Davey

Edited by Small_Gear_Big_Style

You wouldn't get suction, you'd get compression!

The air in the wholes wouldn't be able to escape and would be compressed as the tyre pushed down on the road. Best case scenario you'd get lots of little farting noises as the air escaped. Worst case scenario the tyre would actually be riding on little air cusions, similar to a hovercraft, which is not good for grip (anyone who's ever had a go in a hovercraft will know this)!!!

Davey

ahahahaha yes as soon as I saw compression I thought 'fart'!

Im currently using a completely slick maxxis minion..which is ok i suppose. I'm just weary of going to rails.

I might try and cut it abit and sort of bodge test the 'inverted' tread. :P

Wouldn't 'cutting it' just put holes in your tyre?

It's both, other wise no one would buy new tyres.

Edited by stiffnips

Boumsong mate, if you managed to form a suction vacuum to whatever you landed on (which would damn near impossible) how do you propose of removing yourself to whatever you have landed on?

Using your inverted noble idea, wouldn’t that just reduce the contact area of the tyre, which in turn would reduce the amount of grip and hold?

Also wouldn’t your amazing vacuum tyre be really bad for rolling on and weigh a tone?

this topic/idea is SILLY !

if you ride street in any weather, then SLICKS ! for deff

if u ride natural in any weather, then just buy tryall/maxxis and be happy.

iolo.

keeping to the silly theme:

if i buy tryall's can i be a miserable sod? :ermm::closedeyes: