Year 11 Work Experience.

ashby-trials

Hey i thought i would post a topic up for work experience as mine is coming up soon and well here is the detail placement details for mine at my local bike shop.

Name: RUSTYS CYCLES INC.

Address: 212-214 ASHBY HIGH STREET

ASHBY

SCUNTHORPE

N.LINCS

Post Code: DN16 2JR

Days/week: monday 25/09/06- friday 29/09/06

Title: CYCLE MECHANIC

Work description: The student will get the oppurtunity to observe and shadow all departments of the cycle shop. The student may also gain an insight into the retailside,working on the shop floor, stocking shelves and helping with enquiries. Some time could be spent in the parts, learning of different cycle parts and assistingwith putting stock away. Alternatively the student will observe and shadow in the workshop,

watching mechanics and assisting with small safe tasks using hand tools only.

Thanks Andy

I didnt do it! I had to stay in school and do work! My head of house said I could do it in year 11, but I had exams so I never done it! I was going to go to Warcop, army base, just for the laff really. I dont wana be in the army, If i joined my dad would disown me! lol. But its not my cup of tea.

I did my work experience in Year 10. I worked on the shop floor at Rolls-Royce for 1 week and I tightened up loads of bolts on a £10 million plane engine. All the workers ever say is "Sh!t Hot" and drink tea while i did all the work. But it was all worth it they payed me with a mars bar. :D

And the second week I worked in the design department at Rolls-Royce.

It was mint (Y)