Cant Decide Weather Or Not To Get A Motor Bike :|

Davetrials

If you're only looking for a 125, take your CBT test and then buy a cheap 125 and put L plates on it, and you're sorted.

If you want anything bigger, take your full licence and if you're under 21 you'll be able to ride any bike of any capacity as long as it's less than 33bhp and if you're 21 or over your test will be called 'Direct Access' and you'll be able to ride any bike.

A CBT test costs anything between £75 and £100, and the full test (which also includes the CBT test) is anywhere between £400 and £650 all inclusive.

Wet weather riding is fine, you just need to take things slightly more slowly, and use the back brake a lot more.

The benefits of having a bike are quite obvious over a car, such as the ability to park pretty much anywhere, you can nip in and out of traffic to save yourself time, they're cheaper to run and maintain etc etc. The big disadvantage is the lack of a 'shell' around you so make sure you buy decent, proper protective gear!

i'm kinda in the same position i can't have a car cos i'm only going to be 16 on my bday and i want something to get around on but peds are gay i was looking at something along the lines of a derbi senda or a rs50 but will i get raped on insurance also will i need a decent pair of boots for changing gear and stuff or will normal rigger style boots do the trick

£800 for a 50 :S Why not try and go to other insurance companies and get different insurance quotes to try and find a better deal.

Ben rung an insurance company for an rs50 they quoted him £950 !!!! Why do they love to rip people off on there first bikes? because you are most likely a twat young teenager who rides like a (unt???

zoo baby!

definetly not going to rag it around and stuff cause i want it to last a few years got it insured well atleast my dads insured it for me as a named driver for 380 quid so thats a bit more reasonable also i get no claims bonus so next year i might even manage to insure it myself

Get a bike dave there awsome (Y)

I tunred 16 2 month ago and got one fo these, they cost £2000 and i got it brand new in black, its a honda zoomer 4 stroke fuel injected, there different then any ordinary hairdryer ped people get so thats why i bought it, it rips £800 off me for fully comp insurance for a year. You best getting a 125 to be honest mate as the dvla now say its a 125cc bike and 33hp restriction if you look on there site :-

When you have had a full license for 2 year u can get your bandit :P

This is a nice 125(blue)

post-7632-1157815156_thumb.jpg

post-7632-1157815410_thumb.jpg

post-7632-1157815882_thumb.jpg

Edited by JASON CLARK

well i got a rs125 and i've never looked back but i can guarentee, once you get a bike spec the rs125 you will want a bigger faster bike, i'm looking at buying a R6 verry soon, but if your to get a bike like the rs get leathers i came off with leathers on and basicly i was lucky, i can imagine with out leathers id of been in serious shit, i'm also conciderin starting to race.

if you want any info on the rs give me a shout happy to help!

Richie.