Loughborough Riders

nb88

Hey..people you wanna seep to are

spacemunkee - chris

bendee - ben

boumsong - boumsong

jonpace - jon

krisboats - kris

all of these are in and around the loughborough area. :)

;)

Noz, we need to get together when you get down here, you got the pack about all the nights out and stuff? Shame your not coming down on the wednesday, foam party sounded about the best thing there and i've never been to one :lol:

Edited by Krisboats

'Cos you've realised just how awesome lufbra is for trials...except the KFC dude :@

I know but everything is just the same old there, I wanna go to nail that tap at KFC anyway soon, up for it ?

Well yeah you are, you ride there to much.

Edited by Ben Geary

Awesome, seems to be loads of riders over there then... ill probably do all the freshers stuff i can, looks pretty fun, need to meet everyone aswell. I'll be there at like 1-2pm thursday B) bringing my bike... is it easy to sneak it up to your room usually?

Awesome, seems to be loads of riders over there then... ill probably do all the freshers stuff i can, looks pretty fun, need to meet everyone aswell. I'll be there at like 1-2pm thursday B) bringing my bike... is it easy to sneak it up to your room usually?

Well from what i was reading on the website if you join the cycling club then your allowed to keep your bike in your room, i dont have any actual experience with the matter though so it might be better talking to either chris or andy (spacemunkee and Tank_Rider)

Doubt you could ride a bike anymore with your fitness level. *Memories of you running up about 10 stairs* :P

This is true. And a lesson should be learned by all why excessive alcohol and lack of food over several months isn't a great idea. :lol:

As for freshers week, the whole organised, butlins style 'lets bond' stuff isn't really my thing - but i'll go along with whatever's going on, unless they try and make me play bingo ... in which case I'll get drunk in my room by myself :P

noz pm me with whatever floor / room you end up in. (Y)

As for freshers week, the whole organised, butlins style 'lets bond' stuff isn't really my thing - but i'll go along with whatever's going on, unless they try and make me play bingo ... in which case I'll get drunk in my room by myself :P

Ha ha, i doubt i'll be doing anything like bingo either, stupid tuesday at cognito sounds alright though... but theres no way i'm going to the breakdancing thing :closedeyes:

I went to the Loughborough open day and it seemed impressive and everything but it didn't look like there was many places to ride around the area. Plus there's just a town nearby, no big city or 'owt. How are current students there finding it? Cos at the moment Birmingham's looking like the place to be for me.

Gunna be doing Mechanical Engineering.

Loughborough easily beats birmingham for me. The riding on campus isnt bad, you can make a good ride out of it infact. Town isnt as great as some places i have been but then again it is a town, but still good for a ride. But then the best part about loughborough is the trainstation.. and the fact the M1 runs right beside it.

Ride to the trainstation - 15minutes ? .. catch train to nottingham... massive street. Ive been there 3 times now and not had to pay for the journey once.

Natural - shit loads of it around here really and since the m1 is so close you can get to all the big name places pretty fast.

I really disliked birmingham everything seemed to rat race. Then when it comes to the actual university rankings.. loughborough is 6th in country... birmingham isnt in the top 10. For mechanical.. loughborough is 10th and birmingham is 20th or less when i last checked, at the end of the day your coming to uni for the education so it may be worth having some extra thought. Its only the london and oxford/cambridge uni's that beat it.

When it comes to the massive city vs town. In my 2 years of being here i havent really had much time for going in to town and having a good look round.. since everything you need is on campus really. But when i have there is definitely a decent amount of shops and theres the shopping centre. May be worth coming and taking a look around. Due to loughborough being a town everythings nice and close, not a long walk to anywhere really. Id imagine birmingham being a bit of a trek to find the good places to go to.

Then theres the union... which is a big mother f**ker.

Ha ha, i doubt i'll be doing anything like bingo either, stupid tuesday at cognito sounds alright though... but theres no way i'm going to the breakdancing thing :closedeyes:

First 3 nights are always good, first night is easily the best! I was f**ked off my face at 3pm, remember going to dinner and having stir fry at 5.. then no idea what happened. Was in the union drinking sambucca at 9.. then woke up the next day at 11am with a pile of people saying "hi chris" and i had no f**king clue who they were.

Edited by Spacemunkee