What 4 Months In A Plaster Cast, Does To Your Leg

Lee Cable

thank f*ck youre wearing boxers (Y)

Im no physician but surely if its weaker its easier to train (like final fantasy characters ;) ) so by riding your bike itll improve quicker than your stronger side?

No idea though to be honest, wait until someone else gives it a thumbs up because i don't know PE :)

thank f*ck youre wearing boxers (Y)

Im no physician but surely if its weaker its easier to train (like final fantasy characters ;) ) so by riding your bike itll improve quicker than your stronger side?

No idea though to be honest, wait until someone else gives it a thumbs up because i don't know PE :)

Just got out of the bath, so im actually not :shifty: , and ive been told that i cant do trials for 6 weeks...more..that means i wont have ridden for 5 and a half months...ffs.

Edited by radical rider

I don't think it looks too bad, obviously there is a difference but i suppose your right leg won't be as big either because you haven't rode in a while.

Anyway back to my point standing calf raises should do the trick or the bench step up things, if not maybe some jogging.

I don't think it looks too bad, obviously there is a difference but i suppose your right leg won't be as big either because you haven't rode in a while.

Anyway back to my point standing calf raises should do the trick or the bench step up things, if not maybe some jogging.

My right leg is bigger that it was before, as its had all the usage, its much bigger.

Jogging..i cant even walk...

What did you do to it?

I had a spiral break of my shin. It snapped my shin in 2 places, and then it cracked all the way down to my ankle

How about swimming?

Maybe once your able to put weight on your left leg you should start some 'proper' cycling, get a road bike or maybe do some XC.

yea, i thought about swimming, but i dont know about that untill i can actually walk, as i doubt they would let me near the pool with crutches.

I was thinking about that, then i thought...hmm, bike machine.

I had a spiral break of my shin. It snapped my shin in 2 places, and then it cracked all the way down to my ankle, this was due to trying to backwheel a CURB, yes i repeat, a CURB! cos im so lame and cant get up a CURB and i messed it up and fell off, im so LAME!

at least you can laugh about it now lee :P a curb....LOL

dude, those pics dont make your leg look as weeny as it is...shotgun you try running and get somebody to video it, i want a laugh

Theres hardly any difference to your left leg. You should start Squating, 3 sets of 13 reps to tone on a light weight. 2 sets of 12 to build :) on a heavy weight.

The camera doesnt show the actually difference. hmm squating, sounds like not a bad idea. Im gonna be going to the gym on thursday, so ill try then

They said 6 to me, i could ride in 3 easily and securly, are you having physio ??

Dan.

Ahh wicked, and yea, but i shall be speaking to simon(physio on here) to see what he recommends, as he is a legend

Wouldn't be a bad idea talking to this guy ---> :)

Seriously though, you gotta admit it is the nicest feeling in the world EVER when your legs comes out of cast after four months of agony...

Rich

Read my post above yours:P i mention simon (physio) in there :P

I dont know about nicest, it certainly felt/feels strange now. Bath was amazing, was the best thing in the world..seriously.

simple things like squats and ankle rotations, wanna loosen up and strengthen the muscles in your ankle and achilles. once its loose enough to walk on ge tot the pool and do kick sets, if you can get ourself a set of sprint fins, on bout 6inches long, buts its good light resistance work and builds your calves a treat!

i had to do the same with my arm, it was only in plater for three months but, was like a twig compared to my right arm!, started of doin simple squeezes on a foam ball to build some strength then was in the pool, doin pull sets with hand paddles, gotta start doing again, had one of the plates out and its scary how quickly your muscles dissapear again!

hopes you sort it out mate

craig

when i broke my wrist, when i got the cast off i just started by squeezing a energy ball thing, (a foam ball) and that hurt like a bitch. i was told i couldnt ride until i could put my elbow down by my side with my hand infront and be able to turn my hand so my palm was facing the sky. I still cant do that properly now and it was about 5 months i came out of the cast, but i rode about 3 days after i got the cast off, obviously taking it easy, but was ok.

back on topic

My arm was the size of an actual twig when my cast came off, it was horrible, and i had like a rash sorta thing, dry skin thing, was horrible, but my arm soon grew its muscle back and is now loads bigger than it was before i broke it.

just do gentle excercises, and swim, that would be perfect on your leg.

IMPORTANT BIT!!!

you should seriously go to your local swimming pool and tell them about whats happened, say would there be any chance i could go swimming, and even just walking along in the water will help you a GREAT deal. just getting used to it.

joE!

hope this helps!

my little brother has just had his cruciate ligament remade (as in it was completely snapped so the doc made him another one from random tendons!!!! all for around £8000 i think). some old fat bloke got fed up of him taking him on in a footy match so quite literally just crippled him

anyway he has been on crutches for 5 months and has been told to swim and do no weight bearing exercises, eg leg raises and add weight as he feels comfortable. keep doing excercise every day and see a physio it will be worth it because u dont want to do the wrong thing ad end up screwing things up.

depending on what your injury was depends on what u can do, hope u recover quicker than my bro will, 1 year till he can even think of doing certain things and 3 yrs minimum before he can get back to playing football