Saracen Mad 2 Six Hydraulic Or Onza T-rex?

GooseTrials

Hi,

Im just getting into trials riding, after moving to Lincolnshire, where i've come to realise that it is rather flat over here, so consequently im selling my GT i-drive and purchasing a trials bike. So was hoping that some of you experienced riders, who have been in my shoes before will be able to offer some much needed guidance.

Thnx

GOOSE B)

i'm not an experienced rider and have only been riding for about a month and a half but i ride a 20" bike and it is easy to ride on. I would recomend buying a 20" biketo start on. also where abouts is spalding because i live in newark not far from lincoln.

Edited by t-20-rider-t

As M.A.D are no longer supported by Saracen you should be able to get quite a good deal on a 2six hyd if you shop around but then the 07 onzas are out in nov so shops would probeley be having a cleariance sale on the 06. My advice would be find a shop with 1 of each in a see what feels best and buy that one. after all you'll be riding it.

i'm not an experienced rider and have only been riding for about a month and a half but i ride a 20" bike and it is easy to ride on. I would recomend buying a 20" biketo start on. also where abouts is spalding because i live in newark not far from lincoln.

I live near Spalding in Lincolnshire, not to sure how far it is from Lincoln?

I've ridden my 2six now for about 8 or 9 months. Just changed to a t-Rex.

The 2six is a smashing bike, it's a good length for most kinds of riding & the components hold up better than the frame. I broke mine just behind the BB on the drive side. I reckon there's a bit too much flex in the frame if you ride heavy on the pedals. Also, under heavy braking the seat stays flex like hell.

Only been on the Rex for a couple of days now but it certainly feels stiffer & the over-built rear end gets rid of alot of the flex caused by the brakes.

If you can manage it, I'd recommend a couple of hours on each to get the measure of them & decide on what feels best.

i had the saracern rode it for about a week and got my money back cause the chainring ate into the frame and i know someone else this happened to aswell but they kept riding it and it snapped, also it comes with magura hs 11 which arnt as good as the hs 33 and they dont have single finger levers.

now i have a trex and its alot better, feels unbreakable but you will proberly have to upgrade alot of stuff like the rear hub which is ruined on mine now and also the bottom bracket and cranks wernt that good

overall i say go for the t rex

Go for the Saracen - some great deals around on the 06 models, and it rides better than the T-rex. I am really heavy and still cannot break mine.

:ermm: hmmmmmm disputable i kinda.... snapped / cracked my saracen

id go 4 the t-rex basically

saracens are nice rides though!!!

I would go for a Saracen, I have been riding mine for about 7-8 months now and had no troubles what so ever, it rides really nice and considering how cheap they are it has proved well worth the money I paid. I only brought the 2.6 bike which I only have the frame left, as I have slowly added all the parts I want, like pashley forks, azonic stem and bar combo, magura hs33, burns, hope pro2 onza Ronnie rim, maxis tyres etc.......... it is a nice bike to start on and build up gradually as you progress. now I love it and it is riding so nice for me. B)(Y)