Azonic Double Wall Riser Bars?

abtrials

opinions needed??? I have changed bars from flat to riser I have some azonic 2 inch risers?

but I was riding last night when me and a friend were trying a 9 and a half foot drop gap, when my friends Azonic bars decided to snap on him? :o

I am just wondering what people think about Azonic bars, and if anyone has had a similar experience? :unsure:

As far as i remember, the double walls are known to cracking/failure in stress intensive uses such as trials/jumping.

I believe, but not 100% sure, its to do with them flexing more, the two walls move past each other when they flex kinda thing. the inner wall cracks first, and they start to creak, then due to being much weaker, the outer goes too. As the inner wall goes first, you dont get the warnings signs of normal single walls such as stress risers, as you can't see them.

Edited by nmt_oli

As far as i remember, the double walls are known to cracking/failure in stress intensive uses such as trials/jumping.

I believe, but not 100% sure, its to do with them flexing more, the two walls move past each other when they flex kinda thing. the inner wall cracks first, and they start to creak, then due to being much weaker, the outer goes too. As the inner wall goes first, you dont get the warnings signs of normal single walls such as stress risers, as you can't see them.

Thanks mate i was thinking this might be the case, because his bars were noisy for a while and then they just went? so your idea sounds spot on. he has just brought some bonttrager d,jump bars? any better? :huh:

Thanks mate i was thinking this might be the case, because his bars were noisy for a while and then they just went? so your idea sounds spot on. he has just brought some bonttrager d,jump bars? any better? :huh:

hello, i have just got some azonic dw bars for my dh bike i love them :- did a 7ft drop to flat off a garage yesterday and they are fine. (Y) i would recomend them but what i have just read im sceptical

Bang on there oli.

You'll find alot of those bars creak after a few months of use. Me and my mates never got on with Azonics. Easton all the way, they know their stuff. EA 70 Monkey Bars all the way.

i can second that they do snap, my mate matts sanpped quite recently when out on a ride, id go for something more trialsy, i.e. try-all or zoo

ash

If you read the post, he's just swapped from flats to risers. Even though you can get rzoo and try all risers they have none of the charicteristics of normal ones. Weird geometry.

snapped mine, they took some abuse for just under a year im not the lightest rider.

they went eventually on a gap to front wheel over a stream, could have been worse. if you want decent risers go for easton EA70s pricey but they are tough stuff

mate rik has snapped 2 sets and another set of azonics (cant remember model) bent on him, cant be that many faulty pairs??

hello, i have just got some azonic dw bars for my dh bike i love them did a 7ft drop to flat off a garage yesterday and they are fine. i would recomend them but what i have just read im sceptical
but you do have 13 inch of travel to help them and one drop isnt really enough to say they are tough Edited by matthewholdsworth

Azonic bars are awsome and they are normally super strong, are you sure that your mate didnt have faulty bars?

I think that they are the best riser bars m oney can buy...

will

If you think the azonics are the best bars money can buy, you've probabbly not been riding for long and never seen the carbon fibre easton bars.

if u dont want to shell out for the Monkeylites then ust go for some EA70s they are about half the price and just as strong

EA70s are half an inch narrower than the double walls, feels very diferent to me too but hasnt affected my riding in any way, but i feel more confident they wont bend in two when i land, i did like the feel of the double walls but snappage put me off, i cant afford more new teeth!