Hub Bodies

Orgun_Donor

Well spoke to them today, and explaid to them whats wrong, apparently not seen it happen like this, specially after having it for a week. Sending it back to them(please note 2nd time) hope fully the service will be just as good, and ill be getting a sorted hub in about a week :D

Edited by Orgun_Donor

never seen this before, i thought profiles where a strong little hub, until i have seen those picturse, craked all the way round by the look of it :blink: may have to think twice about them now.. i could only ever see this happening to a profile if it was rum on a bmx, more bike wieght etc.

Edited by matt!

never seen this before, i thought profiles where a strong little hub, until i have seen those picturse, craked all the way round by the look of it :blink: may have to think twice about them now.. i could only ever see this happening to a profile if it was rum on a bmx, more bike wieght etc.

Please, 1 hub goes wrong on here every few months , which I think, is not bad going for how many people use/abuse them on here, consider the odds, could of been a bad batch...Anyway, good on you dude, warrantys are great things when your still within them.

(I had a feeling this post was going somewhere but obviously not)

I wouldnt say 12stone, 6ft 4ish is fat ,

I think you need to take some advice from your name and lose weight :P:)

love you really. fat is god good

Theres a little button with a flower on it on your camera. Its called macro mode. Use it for close up pictures.

lol you bitch :P:lol::)

Just grab a new shell and whack it all in again. But make sure profile pay for it! (i.e. send it back for them to do)

Not on my phone there isnt ;)

Well Im just organising the hub to be sent back for repair, and my new set up is being built as i type....

literally? by you? your typing and wheelbuilding AT THE SAME time?

get a vid up of it :P:)

I wouldn't bother with profile any more for 26 '' wheel cos i have the same build as you and nothing but problems, now i'm considering running a front freewheel they just cant take the abuse.

Thats what ive just got sorted today, im runnig an EMO(sounds better then ENO) and a t-mag hub at the back. I think it should be fine. Maybe the rear hub letting it down, but then i can always change to an all Echo rear ;)

I really don't get how this can/would happen to a correctly built wheel, its gotta even be a dodgy batch or a bad wheel build. If anyones worried about it happening to there profile then just build it up with four cross on the drive side and radial or two cross on the non-drive, that way the force from the rim will be isolated to the one side, meaning that there will be no twisting force on that part of the hub, and your spokes should go long before you're hub. I know I'd rather be replacing the odd snapped 75p max spoke than a £150+ hub and risking injury