Mod Or Stock What Should I Go For

trials wannabe

PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME I HAVE TAKEN UP TRIALS RIDING OF A MOUNTAIN BIKE AND IM GETTING RATHER GOOD CAN ANYBODY PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON WHICH I SHOULD CHOOSE BETWEEN AND IF ANYONE HAS A MOD OR STOCK FOR SALE ( NOT TOO EXPENSIVE PLEASE )

THANKS FOR LOOKING

HOPE YOU CAN HELP

Have a shot on both if you can, try a few different makes of mod and stock, then see which you prefer.

If you have been doing it on a mountain bike i presume it is over 20" anyway something like 27" or 28" (i might be completely wrong though) so you will be more used to the bigger bike so maybe just stick with the bigger bike (stock.)

Its you're call though, which every you prefer.

You are not aloud to try and buy a bike in new members chat, Just pointing it out incase you go and make a thread on it.

Cheers, Allen

I'd probably say mod because THE ANSWER IS PI, i mean, just logic goes that way.

Pardon ? did not understand a word of that.

Dude, like everybody is saying, its all down to personal prefference, i went from mod to stock to mod, my views are that i liked 26" and i got really good on my 26", but i got to a certain stage by where i was'nt progressing anymore, So in the end i started having ago on a couple of mates mod bikes and started to feel abit more comfy and confident and learnt how to sidehop.

So that christmas i went and built up a 20" zona zip, i have progressed so much on that bike it is unbeliveable, sidehopping has gone right up along with tapping,gapping,front to backs etc. I would like the chance to go back to a big bike and give that a bash, but the main thing i found was that they always felt to heavy and stiff, and no bounce, so i would have to go for a light stock if i were to choose one, for example a adamant a1.

The way to choose really is mate, watch a few video's of how different people ride each size of bike and see which you would like to progress on in the near futre, if you like the look of how people ride stock bikes go for that but then again if you like the look of how people ride mod bikes go for one of them.

Also try a couple of different bikes both mod and stock to see which you prefer in the long run and see which you feel comftable on, Dont go rushing into the situation because you think you are eager to ride, sit down and think the situation through throuhly, Work out your price range and if you want a high spec bike or not, You just have to think of all the different things.

I wish somebody had give me this sort of advice when i was picking my first bike, but i did'nt and in the long run has'nt really done me anygood, it has cost me a fortune and have always being buying really low standard parts and that is why i am able to give you this sort of advice from past expirience and from what i have learnt in my expirience in trials.

It is a great sport and loveable and you get a massive addiction for the sport like i think most people do, Don't let the price of parts and bike put you off the sport, you will cope and get through it somehow, everybody does.

So yeah good luck on choosing your first bike and i hope you progress well in the future and give trials a good name.

All the best and sorry for the essay even though it may help you.

Dan.