Buffed Sidewalls Instead Of Brushed

Egg Fried Rice

Polishing up the sidewalls will have no effect whatsoever on braking. With a little use there will be a layer of rubber over the braking surface anyway so they will then be identical.

A smooth rim is a smooth rim. If you want to polish it for looks, then good luck to you. Only problem is that some grades of alloy used for rims are not high enough to get a decent shine on them.

Polishing up the sidewalls will have no effect whatsoever on braking. With a little use there will be a layer of rubber over the braking surface anyway so they will then be identical.

A smooth rim is a smooth rim. If you want to polish it for looks, then good luck to you. Only problem is that some grades of alloy used for rims are not high enough to get a decent shine on them.

clean breaking surface will surley help your break pads to preform better.

Edited by matt!

Never heard so much shite. hes quit nah anyways HAHAHAH un f**king lucky! f**king C.....

i hear the crys from new members already!

omgzzzzz!!!!!!!!111oneone. ill have to sel mi pythong now!!!!!!! :closedeyes:

and matt that was rather witty

Edited by chrishayton

If you want it that smooth and shiny get some wet and dry sandpaper, probably around G400 (i think thats it, its deffo got 400 on the back), from wilko's. Take the tyre off and sit there for ages lightly sanding the rim until the surface is completely shiny and smooth, to do this you'll need to sand it, wet it a bit, sand it, wet it a bit and so on till its all the same. Then either:

1. maybe use some brasso on it to make it really shiny instantly... after doing so use washing up liquid and hot water on the rim to get the brasso resiude off, then dry with a clean cloth and go ride it and enjoy a nice smooth shiny surface.

Or

2. Go out and ride the sanded sidewalls, dragging the brake a fair bit and it'll evenutally polish itself up nicely, use mr sheen or something for extra shiny effect and to clean any leftover sanded metal dust from pads and rim.

If you want it that smooth and shiny get some wet and dry sandpaper, probably around G400 (i think thats it, its deffo got 400 on the back), from wilko's. Take the tyre off and sit there for ages lightly sanding the rim until the surface is completely shiny and smooth, to do this you'll need to sand it, wet it a bit, sand it, wet it a bit and so on till its all the same. Then either:

1. maybe use some brasso on it to make it really shiny instantly... after doing so use washing up liquid and hot water on the rim to get the brasso resiude off, then dry with a clean cloth and go ride it and enjoy a nice smooth shiny surface.

Or

2. Go out and ride the sanded sidewalls, dragging the brake a fair bit and it'll evenutally polish itself up nicely, use mr sheen or something for extra shiny effect and to clean any leftover sanded metal dust from pads and rim.

thanks very much

:D

JK

Nah GT85 actually cleans rims really well, I use it to clean tar off, it just evaporates straight away without leaving a residue.

Oh right.

I always thought as it was a lubricant spray, it'd just shit-up the brake? :P

I used Addidas anti-perserant to get tar off once..was scary how well it got it off.. :ermm: