07 T-pros

T-OM

i dont think they should have, but i think it may have been to make it more affordable for newbies starting trials

I think that most trials riders will end up upgrading to maguras so why not put them on the t-pro in the first place and save people having to fit them in the future.

Edited by T-OM

and u will need to get evo mounts..

its a bit shit i went to the onza grand prix trials comp in london and they had some on show like the 07 t-bird n t-vee n t-pro and.. the new t-comp =(very very nice) but the cable brakes honestly look like a peice of wank..

like crappy leavers tht look like the wank old tektro brakes u get on little bmxs and mountin bikes (N)(N)(N)

onza have made a bad mistake in my point of view..

ryan..

To make it more affordable for beginners.

Everyone on here will recommend a T-Pro as a starter bike, and not everyone has £420 lining their pockets, so they've 'downgraded' it to V's...

They could work really well though...you never know. ;)

EDIT: They have 4 bolt mounts. They have Onza 'Magura - V' adaptors on them. So Maguras are still available.

Edited by Dan6061

Do not compare the price to the old T-Pro but to the new T-Comp. It is very difficult to maintain prices when the cost of labour and particularly raw materials is rocketing. We wanted to keep the T-Pro at an affordable price so the Maguras had to go. Don't forget that both on the T-Pro and T-Comp a Tensile free wheel is standard so thats a £25 upgrade.

Do not compare the price to the old T-Pro but to the new T-Comp. It is very difficult to maintain prices when the cost of labour and particularly raw materials is rocketing. We wanted to keep the T-Pro at an affordable price so the Maguras had to go. Don't forget that both on the T-Pro and T-Comp a Tensile free wheel is standard so thats a £25 upgrade.

Wooo the end of ACS freewheels!!!

What's the t-comp like. Is it a new frame, or just the t-pro with maguras?

I've always admired onza for selling the best low budget bikes. So long as the t-comp is like the old t-pro and the sameish price, seems good to me!

Edited by JT!

Because they were having problems with Magura. So they have v-brakes instead if you want Magura's you can only buy them from you local bike shop. Thats why tartybike's and that have gone to v-brakes.

cheers

Luke

Because they were having problems with Magura. So they have v-brakes instead if you want Magura's you can only buy them from you local bike shop. Thats why tartybike's and that have gone to v-brakes.

cheers

Luke

I have no idea what you're talking about.

The T-Pro frames are the same now as they were, with the exception that the gussets at the front are now open ended... although that's been achieved by not welding the gusset all the way round and leaving a bit that looks 'unfinished' at the end opposite the head tube.

As for EVO mounts, look a little more closely:

IPB Image

£350. About the price of a pair of maguras cheaper than the older version. :o

So yeah, not really a bad deal.

Im glad you can get a set of magura's for £50. Also downgraded tyres which is another £40 worth knocked off and they had hog rims on before, The spec is just normal now, i doubt it'll sell half as well with that new spec

Eh? The old t-pro was 440 ish. And that bike is looking to be £350, that = £90. About what you can get a pair of maggies for.

Tyers and rims will cost the same, in fact i think sticky fingers cost more now, and it has a tensile freewheel, and those new pedals that OBM bought by the looks of it too, they're £40. And much better cranks by the looks of it, they could be ISIS for all we know.

Hell, they might even put CC's on it, we'll have to wait untill a proper description comes out befor we judge.

Edited by JT!

Im glad you can get a set of magura's for £50. Also downgraded tyres which is another £40 worth knocked off and they had hog rims on before, The spec is just normal now, i doubt it'll sell half as well with that new spec

very true, i dont understand why they have made these changes, i thought you was going to improve the bikes this year, not down grade them..

I am afraid "Luke" is making comments on here which are just a product of his fertile imagination. We have no problems with Magura and remain committed to their brakes. We are still one of their biggest UK customers.

Well i asked someone who knows about tarty bike's and that so thar is how i know abut the 2007 trials bike's with v's

So you don't know what i mean!

Why not they didn't used to have problems selling them in 2005 when they didn't have drilled rims or creepy crawlers. I will say though that all the young lads (beginers) around my area think that a bike is not a bike unless it has maguras.

Matt Rushton