Dilemma!

anzo

Basically, I bought some RAM for a system a few month ago, I later found out it was incompatible however It was too late to return them to the supplier.

Therefor I've been stuck with them since, they're for sale at £160ish, worth about £175. Now I've been waiting a long time to get rid of these, and it looks as though I've found a buyer.

After checking his recent purchases hes running an E6300 Core 2 Duo computer, with a Gigabyte DS3 MB. I know for a fact that this memory is incompatible with this machine.

As you can guess, my dilemma is, do I sell it to him and get some nice cash. Or do I do the honest thing and tell him?

He has not told me what system he is running, but I assume its the Intel Duo, I only found out by mistake so its not like I've lied and said its compatible, nore are the goods faulty in any way.

What should I do?

Having said this I could tell you the story of either...

1.I tell him

I'll be stuck with these bloody things even longer.

2.I don't tell him

He'll try them, and go off on one about how they 'dont work' and all that.

Not worth the potential hassle and guilty concience.

Yer, but £165 is :)

I dont really know, I tend to see it as he should have known better and checked a compatibility list! I checked when I bought my system and it was compatible. However, this was with a pre-ordered Duo CPU, so the list was sketchy.

I just think he should have checked up on it. On the other hand, whats to say its for this computer?

By law you arent allowed to sell something to someone that you know is incompatible. Just so you know, we studied it in construction contract procedure. If you willingly know something is wrong, then you have to tell them.

But otherwise its up to you.

Law...meh, I'll survive. Ebay is a lawless land.

The thing is, he never said 'Will these work on _____________', he just said he'll buy them on Saturday...no questions asked. I looked on his recent purchases, and everything purchased is incompatible with this memory.

So basically, if I didn't take the time to look, I'd be none the wiser. Although in a simular way, its his fault for not checking up on it.

"Latin for 'let the buyer beware'. This implies a buyer must ensure that goods about to be purchased are free from defects and that he/she bears the risk."

But the bloody computer didnt question it when they sent me my RAM and CPU/MOBO at the SAME TIME,lol.

Nah, balls to him. He can buy it, I'll go to hell and burn.

Yea thats the word the lecturer used..and there was me thinking id never have to use this bollocks

Although it's the opposite of what you said. Basically if this guy wants to buy the RAM, he himself has to make sure that it's right for him, and Anzo isn't legally obliged to do anything apart from describe the RAM to him. Although is he morally obliged? Depends who you are :P

If it was me, I'd think I'd just feign ignorance and sell it. Then walk away with my hands in my pockets, whistling inconspicuously.

Id sell it - if youve looked through his recently veiw items (is it???)

how are you to know that he isnt building 2 computers

or looking to sell the item on??? you havent lied about the condition or compatibility of the machine

no bad concience i would say???

I wouldn't do it purely 'cos if I was in your position and bought an incompatible item and knowing how f**ked off I was with it, I wouldn't really want to f**k someone else up when I could just eBay it, make a slight loss, but still not have a pointless bit of hardware lying around.

he can't moan about it not working with his computer, you didn't offer the ebay 'return policy' did you? Good. Then he can't do FA.

Also if he's building his own pc then he will most certainly know what is compatible with what, i highly doubt he's stupid enough to spend £160 on something that wont work with his mobo.

he can't moan about it not working with his computer, you didn't offer the ebay 'return policy' did you? Good. Then he can't do FA.

Also if he's building his own pc then he will most certainly know what is compatible with what, i highly doubt he's stupid enough to spend £160 on something that wont work with his mobo.

Anzo was? :P

tell him, be honest (karma :D) and you shoudl get something good out of it soon enough :P

People who do good things get shat on. FACT.

The other day I saw someone drop £20, I picked it up and gave it them back.

I never got a thanks, just a dirty look. Now I wish I'd kept it and good the liberty in kicking her f**king pensionerfied f**king face in.

Anzo was? :P

T'was purchased before any compatibilty list were available :) A fair few people made the same mistake as me :P