My Proto Carbon Booster...

Adrian

[attachmentid=7840] i got a bit bored and thought id make some bits for my bike, so i started with a booster, only 4mm thick but just as stiff as my echo control booster... weighs 45g :- ,

Edited by aim@me

Booster's are pointless? That's the funniest thing i've heard in a while. Faior enough they may be on your zenith, but on that GU you can see the mount's are not part of the CNC arrangement.

It's down to personal choice really I don't use one myself. I'd say you could probobly get rid of another good bit of material, but as you say it isn't heavy so it's only an aesthetic thing.

Good job (Y)

Booster's are pointless? That's the funniest thing i've heard in a while. Faior enough they may be on your zenith, but on that GU you can see the mount's are not part of the CNC arrangement.

It's down to personal choice really I don't use one myself. I'd say you could probobly get rid of another good bit of material, but as you say it isn't heavy so it's only an aesthetic thing.

Good job (Y)

Well, there not pointless...i use one infact :P

but a new tyre would be high on my priorities instead of a booster :P

looks ok but a bit oversized.

how can you say boosters are uselessyou still get a hell of alot of stress when the brake is appliedas in the pistons sit above the frame and most of the flex is in the m4 bolts that attach the brake to the frame hense why a booster mainly reduces flex in the bolts.

good effort from the lad and yes new tyre! :P

its not oversized because if you no anything about carbon its stiff 1 way and realy flexy the other, hense why my booster is realy wide and realy thin, if you made it narrow and thick one like brisa, vise and onza make you make using carbon pointles as standard fibre glass would work just as well in that kind of shape... and by the way it weighs 45 grams...

yea it will because iv drillied slots so that you can move the booster up and down, you can see on the pic because theyre just single holes to see how stiff it is... :-

looks like he will need a slick tyre like that or it would rub on the booster, extremely close to the tyre >_<

:ermm::ermm::lol::lol::lol::-

Definately get a new tyre, you'll be so much happier. Booster looks okay i guess, if i was going to the trouble of using a nice piece of carbon fibre for a booster of my own though i don't think i'd have left cheap looking air bubbles all the way round the edge.

Might as well have a bash yourself though, saves money and is quite good fun, besides being a talking point and original. Good Job ;)(Y)

Edited by Krisboats

or just buy a heatsink one. look how much development has gone into them for £24 i think.

now how much time/money did you spend on creating that carbon one?

its not oversized because if you no anything about carbon its stiff 1 way and realy flexy the other, hense why my booster is realy wide and realy thin, if you made it narrow and thick one like brisa, vise and onza make you make using carbon pointles as standard fibre glass would work just as well in that kind of shape... and by the way it weighs 45 grams...

yes and if you knew anything about carbon you would have known that its not best just to cut a shape out of carbon sheeting lol ooooo the delamination potential :rolleyes:

or just buy a heatsink one. look how much development has gone into them for £24 i think.

now how much time/money did you spend on creating that carbon one?

yes and if you knew anything about carbon you would have known that its not best just to cut a shape out of carbon sheeting lol ooooo the delamination potential :rolleyes:

hahaha, hmmmm well if you knew anything about carbon you would notice that i havnt cut it from a sheet of carbon, i used a mould... and it was easy to make and free as iv got loads of leftoves from other carbon things iv made... took 15 mins to make, as i sed, i got bored and thought id make a booster.... lol

looks like he will need a slick tyre like that or it would rub on the booster, extremely close to the tyre >_<

(Y) would a new tyre not hit it though, anyways (Y)

exactlywhat i thought kyle, new tyre will result in getting the file out :P