How Do You Know When You're Old

poopipe

I know I'm getting on. I chose a sensible car with reasonable mileage and a good safety record over something fast as heck with 120,000 miles on it. I just used the expression 'fast as heck'. When the 'music' on Radio 1 just turned into noise, I tried Radio 2 and really quite liked it. I pay into a pension scheme. House prices worry me. People younger than me are now pop stars, Formula 1 drivers and 'celebrities'. I don't understand why 90% of people are 'celebrities' these days. I don't think the clothes in Next and River Island are cool or fashionable, they're just showing off, but the clothes in M&S are becoming increasingly appealing. I think how good it was when coke was 25p a can. I'm seeing fashions come around from when I was young to being cool again. I remember a time before the internet, reality TV, mobile phones, mountain bikes, and the two martins.

I know I'm getting on. I chose a sensible car with reasonable mileage and a good safety record over something fast as heck with 120,000 miles on it. I just used the expression 'fast as heck'. When the 'music' on Radio 1 just turned into noise, I tried Radio 2 and really quite liked it. I pay into a pension scheme. House prices worry me. People younger than me are now pop stars, Formula 1 drivers and 'celebrities'. I don't understand why 90% of people are 'celebrities' these days. I don't think the clothes in Next and River Island are cool or fashionable, they're just showing off, but the clothes in M&S are becoming increasingly appealing. I think how good it was when coke was 25p a can. I'm seeing fashions come around from when I was young to being cool again. I remember a time before the internet, reality TV, mobile phones, mountain bikes, and the two martins.

shit ..

i was feeling quite good till you posted that

Edited by poopipe

Remember the big coke cans??

were the size of a beer can, they were ace

i must have been about 7 then haha

Especially ones where you could win a prize, or collect for gifts?

bugger me..

we're proper old

it gets worse though...

anybody else have one of those orange and black games consoles with pong (and nothing else) on ? - the name escapes me now

How f**king old are you? :P:lol:

I got one, you tell yourself to get down from that wall you're about to sidehop off, and tell yourself to be careful, progressing to hitting yourself with your walking stick, then swapping your steed for one of those pull along baskets on wheels things.

anybody else have one of those orange and black games consoles with pong (and nothing else) on ? - the name escapes me now

My Dad made one from a kit, but it had half a dozen different games on I think.

Being orange doesn't narrow it down much, I think everything was some shade of orange or brown in the late 70s/early 80s. Just look at your toddler photos poopipe ;)

Oi! Bloody young people with their house music and their drugs and their funny trousers. Some national service would do you all good! You couldn't say things like f**k in my day! Would have made Vera Lynn faint!

You know you're old when you post things like:

Oi! Bloody young people with their house music and their drugs and their funny trousers. Some national service would do you all good! You couldn't say things like f**k in my day! Would have made Vera Lynn faint!

:P :P

Edited by Fat Pants

I got one, you tell yourself to get down from that wall you're about to sidehop off, and tell yourself to be careful, progressing to hitting yourself with your walking stick, then swapping your steed for one of those pull along baskets on wheels things.

:lol: stunning

and.

old enough to be your dad you cheeky little monkey

ill have to google for the console - you're right, everything was orange.

ok - black and white television and the days before channel 4 anyone ?

i'm running out of years now- is this a good or a bad thing?

How old are you oldies anyway, i reckon poopipes about 40 something :P

(just found on bike pics thread after looking at this thread)POOPIPE:

IPB Image

WOW, thats acutally changed how i see poopipe, i thought he was a somewhat ape like figure from his avatar on here, you're actually quite buff :P thats a joke before you start pedo-gaying me up.

You dont look that old, maybe 25 or something?

Edited by Fat Pants