Tar - Where Can I Get It?

Phil H

Im looking for some tar for my rims. I tried my local bike shop, my local materical shop (who sold it in industrial sizes) and my local 'has anything' family owned shop, but none had it in the right ammount.

Had a look on Tarty and couldn't see any for sale.

Really need some more soon as I've seen a massive difference since I've started using it.

Cheers. Phil

Just buy a huge clump from wherever you said sells it...You'll have more than enough.

Can't cost that much either... :ermm:

Ha the guy said something about a bucket of it. That would last my riding career with alot of excess :P . I'll see how much it costs tomorrow. Well a small bar of it costs about £3 so im told so a bucket might be quite alot.

Apparently its good to try getting some off a roofing company as they use it.

Phil

Roads / Roofers / Ebay / Some dude on TF........`Roads`, go pick up your free delivery now! (Y)

haha how am I sposed to get tar out of the roads?!?! (not that you or any trials rider would condone that kind of behaviour 8-) )

Phil

You could get quite sizable amount of tar from ebay a while ago, might be worth a look.

Ah safe but I dont really do the whole E-bay thing.

Phil

No point in buying a massive block, only need a 50p size bit. Ive still got a bit i found about 4 years ago, used it alot and is still 50p size, was only alittle bit bigger to start with

Ah rite cheers for the advice. But where did you get it from?

Phil

No point in buying a massive block, only need a 50p size bit. Ive still got a bit i found about 4 years ago, used it alot and is still 50p size, was only alittle bit bigger to start with

He found it you silly billy!

Phil, he's right, you don't need much, i've got a rock sized ammount and i've used it afew times liberally and it's not changed in size, just buy the big bucket of it, take about a kilo of it out and sell the rest on to other fools... i mean, respectable trials riders. ^_^

Invest in some decent pads and don't use tar.

What pads? Assuming were talking about smooth rims here...... I got some Plazies, they worked a treat on a super clean rim / pads etc, but after an hour of riding, dust had contaminated the pads making them less than average, and I really can't be arsed cleaning everything on a daily basis!

So I use a tiny bit of tar..... it's silly awesome all of the time... well untill it wears off, in about a week! :-

Edited by Concussion

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Nov 7 2006, 08:17 PM)

Off the floor :blink: .

No seriously, if you can't find any on the floor, then some tard was selling it on here; if he hasn't gone out of business yet :P , then i suggest trying him...

Cheers,

Joe.

haha a few people have said off the floor. I dunno what the architecture is like in your towns but I can't see any inbetween paving here! :P

Phil

i used to get mine from the road. When they dig up small sections of road for maintenance they fill it in, re lay the road with tarmac & fill the gap round the edge with pure tar.

If in doubt look for roadworks & the answer is never far away.