New Orange Range

chrisatactiv05

First three are megga sexy!

however 26" frames with 24" wheels should all be burned, as they ride and look crap compared to a 24" specific frame, it is the wrong sized wheels, even if they still do work thanks to discs.

MII looks kinda tiny, hope its avalible in a larger size.

First three are megga sexy!

however 26" frames with 24" wheels should all be burned, as they ride and look crap compared to a 24" specific frame, it is the wrong sized wheels, even if they still do work thanks to discs.

MII looks kinda tiny, hope its avalible in a larger size.

well i said the same thing to orange. But the good thing is its fairly cheap to buy, and it has the orange name. the mII is avliable in only the 14" size. Orange state " Classic orange frame construction coupled with a stretched out, 71d headtube and 73d set tube, 14" frame gives dirt jumpers and street frames a real edge"

Don't get me wrong, I love the way that the MII is mega low, thats great, its just it also apears to be really short too. I just looks like a smaller frame all round.

Oh... Just noticed the rather sexy sliding dropouts it has though! nice touch, and the hitman has horizontals now, very sexy. go singlespeed!

(oh and also, 8" disc on 24" wheels? :sick: )

The patriot freeride looks really really nice though

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

The 224, although still stupidly expensive, is excellent value when you look at the spec. Just about everything on it is best of the best... I was expecting closer to £4000 for that

well we have a frame in here for 1800! so 3000 complete is good, and yeh the spec is good for what it is really. we should have specs on our site asap www.activfolkestone.com

[attachmentid=8056][attachmentid=8057]

Do they still do the clockwork. I have a 1994 (i think) one, with origional full stx rc groupset and orange 'hot rod' flat bars B) - my uncle has it at the moment.

they have released a clockwork again in two specs, shimano and pro, only 200 off them, so 100 in 17.5" frames and 100 in a 19" i believe

here is a pic for you ...

SHIMANO SPEC £899.99

PRO SPEC £1649.99

No Ashton Oranges yet then :rolleyes:

will let you know m8y asap! There coming around november time i believe (maybe sooner)

post-4520-1163157190_thumb.jpg

post-4520-1163157208_thumb.jpg

nice bikes chris.

are you gonna come out and ride your pash any time soon? ( this weekend)

BTW ill be up to get a new freewheel soon... have you ordered some kmc kools?

slacker

yeh might well do, think i will come out for a while on sunday, last sunday got a bit tyed up, bloody knots!!!!! hard to get undone, haha (so BL@~DY FUNY) erm, kmx chains ill see what i can do, freewheels, should have some see you soon babes x

• 2 weeks later...

From what i have heard speaking to owners of the hitman they say they are total crap, speaking to one lad he had his for a week and it rode so nasty he got it refunded! But the 224 on the other hand is one NICE peice of kit, had a quick buzz on a 222 the other week and if the 224 is anything like that they it will be a completely imense bike!

Orange rocks but sadly Brooklyn is where it is at! Love that green one! looks great !

I think the price on the hitman 24" is a bit steep. £650

Your not even getting hydralic disk brakes which I've started seing some bikes with at the £499 mark. Dirtjam pro's have no top out resistance. Just the good old faithfull clunk.

Then I supose it could be the quailty of the frame, but I don't think anyones going to know that till they test it.

I think its about time Orange done something about putting some proper suspension technology into thier full sus rigs.

A lot of bikes being sold now are all offering super efficient pedaling, no brake jack or dive and no pedal kick back without the use of fancy shocks like the dhx 5.0.

Orange are relaying on the shock too much to make thier bikes ride any better than they did with a Vanilla RC many moons ago, infact when you have rode something like a demo 8/9, sx trail or a giant glory you wont sit your arse on an Orange ever again.

The likes of giant with the maestro set up on the glory for example can pretty much completely do away with ANY brake interference and nearly totally away with pedal kick back while maintaining small bump sensitivity AND the ability to take the big stuff. Giant only started using the DHX 5.0 shock on the glory dh this year due to public demand over the DHX 4.0 with less majic about it. The bike rides no different doe to the change.

The FSR likage on specialized is over 10 years old and still one of the best systems giving NO pedal kickback due to where the rear end essentially pivots (through the centre of BB) and very little brake feedback while still giving a near vertical axle path.

I myself rode a santa cruz s8 single pivot bike until recently. There is just too much technology out there that can make you faster/have more fun than an orange can offer. They sell purely because of a name. Great ten years ago but they need to do something special to make thier bikes punch in thier weight class.

Orange 222's 224's etc always look stunnning but in reality the technology just isn't there. An Army green £1099 Big Hit 1 (design getting a bit old now) will ride better.