Body Ache After A Big Ride.

B.E.A.U

well rode leicster yesterday and no im in pain like never befor. My body aches soooo much its crazy lol.

I have had a bath to try and sok me muscles but they still hurt.

Was just wondering if any of you get this and what do you do do you take it and leave it or anything you can do to make it better.

Lets see then lol.

protein shakes, or at least upping the protein in your diet, when you ache

the achings your muscles crying out for the carbs and proteins it needs to repair itself after exertion. if youve ate plenty of food, chances are your in need of protein, could just go eat white meat, and tuna, but personally id take a protein shake or 2, perhaps take one before you go out riding, then one before you go to bed that night.

pretty much stopped riding hard now, but get the same aches from liftin weights/training etc. drinking 2 pints of protein shake a day really helps stop the aching. also fills a gap, and mines chocolate flavour, so stops you feeling hungry and stops the feeling of wanting chocolate. so i eat less crap too.

yea they do, best value stuff ive found for what i need(high protein, low carb content - i dnt need carbs, got enough fat for like 3 years energy as it) is nutrisport 90+, comes in at £48 for 5kg on ebay, which works out at like 50p for every pint of the stuff, buts its like a chocolate milkshake, so is worth it for the taste, and if your only taking 2 servings a week(if you have one big ride on a saturday for example). then itll last you a year.

if however,your a skinny mofo.who finds it awkward to gain any weight, then some of the stuff which is like 50%protein, 50% carbs, may be better, and comes in at like £30 for 5kg.

can buy it in holland and barrett, buts its expensive, and often low quality.

hmm. I thourght you could just buy a can for like 3 quid lol. I cnt afford it yet, And erm i have a kinda built body the docters say.

you can buy a can of the stuff for £1.79 in total garages i think, well i saw some there last week, which is fine short term, just seems stupid to pay £1.79 for under a pint, when you can get better quality protein for 50p a pint if bought in bulk.

you can buy a can of the stuff for £1.79 in total garages i think, well i saw some there last week, which is fine short term, just seems stupid to pay £1.79 for under a pint, when you can get better quality protein for 50p a pint if bought in bulk.

hmm i may do.well i done some stretching and it feels a tad better. but i may get some of that drink stuff. thankyou.

Ha ha my muscles are all aching too, we did ride quite solidly didnt we lol.

Find a girl, get her to give you a massage... does the trick good and proper. If you can't find a girl just stretch a bit or go out riding for a bit again, should loosen up your muscles a bit and leave you feeling a bit better.