Bass Guitars?

Sam Ward

well i kinda miss playing my bass a bit now but i dont really listen to that kind of emo/rock shit anymore.

but i was wasndering if you could play along to drum n bass nd the likes.

i know they all use decks and things but its gotta be called that for a reason, unless im being really dumb?

any help appreciated?

sam

Aye it's quite fun to twiddle along to d 'n' b.

Most Prodigy stuff is in G so you can play along on 4-string without any faffing. Spybreak by Propellorhead is a nice one, that's played on a standard 4-string as well. I warn you, it's fun for a bit of faff, and playing around with different styles on your bass, but it gets repetitive fast. Look at some jazz and funk if you wanna expand your playing. Hip-hop bass is quite enjoyable too :)

Joe x

jamiroquai is a favourite for me, bit more challenging thn emo/rock, good for develpoing skills though, should teach you to use the whole fretboard too.

Word, their new track is really well written from a bass point of view. Quite amusing to play, with a couple of subtle little mutes thrown in to spice it up. It's in flats though, so I have to transpose it up a semitone to play on my bass, it goes all rattly and blergh at half-step-down.

Joe x