Uci World Championships 2007

UCI Trial

2007 UCI TRIALS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 3rd – 9th SEPTEMBER.

In September 2007, Fort William, Scotland will host the UCI Trials World Championships.

British Cycling has asked BikeTrial U.K. to assist them with team selection.

All those that contested National or International events during 2006 will be invited by post to apply for a place on the British Trials Team.

Classes are;

Junior 20”

Elite 20”

Junior 26”

Elite 26”

Ladies 20 and 26” combined.

Selection will be made by British Cycling, purely on merit. A team consisting of approximately ten members in total will be selected to contest the various classes.

BikeTrial U.K. will be contacting regular National competitors by post, together with a download facility via their web site.

Fred Savage.

Edited by UCI Trial

Interesting..........

I wonder who will make the team and what classes will be entered. I can think of one Ladies team member, that leaves 9. Are there any juniors planning to ride, that will cut the numbers down again?

Ben.

:-:D

Im very interested ben.

I have a uci license for 2006, so i will renew that for a 2007 one

Put my name down (Y)^_^

If/when they are available, can you send me an entry form please

Thanks

Scott

Edited by Scotty Evil1

:-:D

Im very interested ben.

I have a uci license for 2006, so i will renew that for a 2007 one

Put my name down (Y)^_^

If/when they are available, can you send me an entry form please

Thanks

Scott

I don't have anything to do with forms etc, I'll just have to go through the selection process, same as every one else.

Ben.

As I have now recovered from my wrist injury. I will be competeing in the 2007 UCI world cups I would like to ride the World Championships at Fort William.

I would be willing to lend a hand regarding the management of the team as this is something I have experience of (Les Gets and Livigno and World Cups).

Could someone please post the selection criteria. I know other national teams are based off primarily the current UCI world rankings and then UCI national series results.

John Evans

You already have a UCI / British Cycling licence Stan - just renew it when the form comes (expires 19/12/06)

hey barbara/stan

When i got mine last year I was told that I needed the silver license to compete, but as well as getting this you also need to buy the race licence.

So last year I had to buy a silver membership and the race licence to be able to compete at the world cups, i'm guessing it will be the same this year?

Anyone who wants a licence should just call up British cycling and say that you need a licence for riding the trials world cups/ world championships, the people there are really helpful.

I'll be applying for a place although if its 10 places only i think places will be tight, should be doing all of the world cup again this year :>

hey barbara/stan

When i got mine last year I was told that I needed the silver license to compete, but as well as getting this you also need to buy the race licence.

So last year I had to buy a silver membership and the race licence to be able to compete at the world cups, i'm guessing it will be the same this year?

Anyone who wants a licence should just call up British cycling and say that you need a licence for riding the trials world cups/ world championships, the people there are really helpful.

I'll be applying for a place although if its 10 places only i think places will be tight, should be doing all of the world cup again this year :>

i didn't, the one i got with tyketrial is perfectley fine!!!!

And anyone with a UCI world ranking should automatically be selected before those who don't have one.

Ill actually laugh if i dont get picked now! :lol:

ill be ridin junir 20" and 26" btw!

joE!

and james, i think it only goes up to 17, so in your 18th year you will be riding elite.

Edited by oakley

oh dear....................

i can see it already, disaster has struck..............i didnt think lightning could strike twice.

i wont be competing, will help out though. i think just being there and helping would be adequetly good enough for me.

10 spaces for so many people............. :S this is the way to start a world trials war never mind owt else. im keeping out of it. il observe. or not turn up it'll be safer.

Waynio...............................

oh dear....................

i can see it already, disaster has struck..............i didnt think lightning could strike twice.

i wont be competing, will help out though. i think just being there and helping would be adequetly good enough for me.

10 spaces for so many people............. this is the way to start a world trials war never mind owt else. im keeping out of it. il observe. or not turn up it'll be safer.

Waynio...............................

as a member of the biketrial committee, my understanding of things is, that we will put forward all the names and the results of all the UK riders biu/uci. i know that british cycling are keen to only have people that can do the UK proud and get through to the finals.

As I have now recovered from my wrist injury. I will be competeing in the 2007 UCI world cups I would like to ride the World Championships at Fort William.

I would be willing to lend a hand regarding the management of the team as this is something I have experience of (Les Gets and Livigno and World Cups).

Could someone please post the selection criteria. I know other national teams are based off primarily the current UCI world rankings and then UCI national series results.

John Evans

John i would suggest that you speak to roger direct if you want the managers job (but i seriously doubt you'll be riding) as thats nothing to do with biketrialuk. if you want his number i suggest you ask george for it.

my personal opinion is that there will only be 7 or 8 on the UK team as BC are setting their standards VERY high. anyway good luck 1 and all!

Edited by rugbyman

Letters were posted last night to all of last year's BIU licence holders (2nd class).

This includes:-

A - BIU licence renewal application form

B - Fort William application form.

The closing date for return of 'B' is 31st December - so as soon as it arrives, get it sent off to the address on there.

BikeTrial UK will confirm the details on the Fort William application forms, then forward them to British Cycling for them to make the decisions.

In the interests of data protection, form 'B' does not ask for your address. Once British Cycling have chosen the team they want for the Fort William event, then they will pass invitation letters to BikeTrial UK to be sent to the successful applicants.

For anyone who did not hold a BIU Licence last year, the forms will be placed on the BikeTrial UK website in the next few days.

Good luck everyone!

PS. Don't forget to send off your BIU licence application as soon as possible - information and entry forms for 2007 events will only be sent to 2007 licence holders!

PPS. See the BikeTrial UK website www.biketrialuk.co.uk for proposed dates and venues for the 2007 British BikeTrial Championship.

Edited by BikeTrialUK

As I have been unable to ride this year could you please send me a copy of the above information please.

Regards

John Evans

EDIT

Sorry I didnt make myself clear as I was rushing, Barbera could I please be added to the postal mailing list, as I may have been taken off as I didnt hold a BikeTrial License this year.

Edited by StuntMan_Stan

Read Barbara's post John (on behalf of BTUK) - forms for all.

For the record, I was surprised when I heard that the number of entries would be restricted, but I understand the thinking behind it. British Cycling, (B.C.), want to field a team worthy of the event.

B.C. will pick the team from those that apply; forms will be available very soon. As they have little knowledge of the true skill and potential of many of our competitive Trials riders they have asked those with the necessary experience to help.

As assumed the team will consist of only TEN competitors in total. The team will be expected to pay their own travel and accommodation expenses. Only those that can demonstrate the potential to reach the final in their class should apply. As said before, the Team will be picked on merit alone; it makes no difference if you have attended a World Cup, unless you have enjoyed some success there.

To clear up some confusion;

Junior's for 2007 - born in 89, 90, or 91.

Ladies, no Semi final, just one event.

I spent weekend in Fort William recently, discussing the potential for both man made and natural sections. The event is already taking shape; a new Four Cross track has been constructed. Those of you familiar with the venue will be pleased to hear that large areas of the rocky stream bed that were inaccessible have been opened up by the building of a new road. The man made section locations, and the materials that will be used to build them has already been decided.

Fred Savage.

Edited by UCI Trial