Will This Work

David Biddle™

well im gettin out the old bmx from the back of the shed and wanted to know if the magura pads from tartybikes(bt pads with v backings) will fit the back brake.Not sure what the brake is called on the back but theres the simalir to cantie brakes what u find on bmxs like hoffmans and haros

cheeers

yes they will work.

BMXs usually come with a U brake, they have two styles of pad fitting, tradtitional vee style, or post clamp. You should really use specific pads for the post clamp virsion, but a vee pad works anyway, it can mess the thread up though so you might not be able to use in on a vee after.

Always worth researching though, look at your brake and then search for it on google and see what type it is.

The only other point is, those maggie to vee pad adaptors take up a lot of room, if you are having trouble with space with traditional pads, then I reccomend some heatsink backings with either heatsink or joypads as the braking material.

ye i ride bmx at the moment and i havent had brakes for about half a year i find that they work well for a bit but then sowly start to get rubish.

ye shoes dont last as lond though.

GO BRAKELESS its faster riding and just genraly better

i heard going brakeless in trials is generally better :P only joking :lol:

bitch

and theres nothing wrong with wanting a working brake, makes things like abubacas easier and things like manuals should be brakeless anyway (so just dont use the brake :) ) soooorted

you can't hold your bars in the approved fashion way if there's a lever attached to them.

bloody mountainbikers have no style :P

you can't hold your bars in the approved fashion way if there's a lever attached to them.

bloody mountainbikers have no style :P

Damn straight, brakless is where it's at (previously converted to the brakeless ways by poopipe :P )

For me when there is a brake there i will use it even when i don't really need to, so i ended up trying brakeless and i feel a lot smoother and find i don't bottle out of things as much, and my manuals are loads better now as before i always covered/used the brake.