Pedals

Joel G

you say you lose the pins in your pedals, just buy replacement ones

Mr ? (Y)

when you loose your pins they normally snap or wear down se you cant get them out :) .

i used v12s for age now i use try all pedals you now the ones with the teeth they are much better.

Are these any good?wellgo?

the top ones are, the try all ones i am on about you can buy new cages and the pedals them selfs are on £22 bargain. :)

dan

Edited by dan the trials man

Any pedal with pins is going to get raped in trials, i recomend basic vp caged pedals, they last for ever and even when they do break theyre about £12 to replace. They do destroy shins when new though

When I had some Onza caged pedals (they're all the same)

The cages would come loose all the time, around the holes for the bolts would crack, threads would strip.

Even after making sure they were tight all the time, they'd loosen off in less than 5mins.

And the cages snap. :turned:

I'm on my 3rd set of V8's. I know they're not the best in the world, but they're cheap enough for me. My current ones have a lasted a fair few months, never had to service them.

Quite a few missing pins. No cracks as of yet.

Not exactly a reccomendation, as I wont be buying any more... But they're the only pedals i've had. :P

I've got 24/7 slackers, slight weight issues but they last for ever and i've only ever shattered 8 pins (considering there are 32 per pedal) and 24/7 gave me 3 spare bags with around 40 pins in each so i've got loads of spares, like i said i've had em on all 3 of my bikes (4x, DH and trials) at some point and lost 8 pins

so no complaints here (Y)

in your opinion what pedals are the best to use as all the pedals i have had i loose the pins or isnap the axles.

thanks

Joel :D

Ahhhh yes, thanks for this thread. I was going to ask about when your old pins comes out doesn't it destroy the thread, so you can't screw new-ones in???

~matty

in your opinion what pedals are the best to use as all the pedals i have had i loose the pins or isnap the axles.

thanks

Joel :D

Telling us what pedals you have now sort of helps you know.

It's like asking for a t shirt an not tellnig someone the size... you dont do it

Ahhhh yes, thanks for this thread. I was going to ask about when your old pins comes out doesn't it destroy the thread, so you can't screw new-ones in???

~matty

try putting a new one in and find out (Y)

I have a problem with my feet always sliding to the edge of the pedels/coming off when im trying new stuff and was wondering does this hapen to anyone else?

Was also thinking about clip on pedels ( Like MTB ones) would these be suitable for trials?

nooooo noooooo, theyre pretty useless for trials, theyll unclip when u dont need them too,like when your pulling up on them. and theyll stay clipped in when you need to dab, or youl set the springs so tight they dont unlock every 10 seconds, and theyll be fine, but itll take you a good few goes to get out of them, so in a hurry theyll be useless.

just stick with regular pedals. my recommendations, echo caged at £12 from tarty bikes, gussett slim jims, or snafu pedals if you can find any.