Suspension Forks On A Stock

stupot

Yep, about 2 days on my Pure, they were Z2 Bombers from 96 (60mm travel).

The setup was a bit odd, good for "old school" moves such as bunnyhops and sidehops from two wheels. Wheelswaps were also quite nice to do, the forks kept the flow of the movement rather well. Touch hops were ok, gaps were much harder. I'd go for it, it's a new and quite interesting experience.

I ride with a suspention fork, a rockshox judy C (basicly the crappiest fork made by a top manufacturer) but I'm looking for a Z.3. I prefer them to rigids. But honnestly, you'll want them quite firm so you don't really feel them (well I don't feel them anymore until I borrow a rigid bike). I find I ride smoother with them because they smooth out little imperfection on run ups (and well my riding style isn't that trials oriented so I do have alot of run ups or where I'm mooving on two wheels) plus they save your wrists on screw ups :$ I personally can't find any disadvantage to my riding because of my suspention fork.

[attachmentid=8970]

snapped my cruddy curtis forks and had these spare :)

it was sooooooo much fun, my riding improved so much, i was doing bunnyhop gaps to front wheel and it didnt cain my wrists when i messed up :P i put the forks in the stiffest setting, which was still quite soft for me, but it didnt really hold me back, you get used to the movement and compensate for it pretty quickly. i would recomend trying it, but with some 80mm forks, to keep the headangle of the bike reasonable-that base would manual by itself B)

surprisingly, those forks are still going after almost 6 years of abuse from several riders (although have reworked internals so the dampings way better)

post-5322-1167211299_thumb.jpg

i would have thought it felt like shit as its taking all your pump out, but then again you have the rebound too.

try it, worst that will happen is you have to change them back.

the rebound helps alot, you learn to compensate for it

Suspension on trials bikes without seats dont look really good.

This looks fun to ride :)

What cranks are those?

that has a seat? and the cranks were dmr chieftain mk2s with a ddg bashy-and yes it was uber fun to ride

paulolivier, do you still ride with that fork ? Thought I must agree with what you metionned, most suspention forks have a to long crown to axle lenght for the average trials frame...

no im afraid not, that base got sold ages ago but the forks are still going strong on a mates bike, it was purely a temporary fix til i could afford new rigids, and i had various other bikes before settling with my zoot (although i barely use it now)

those white forks look hot, ive always liked them, but they are so expensive, would you really want to bash them about for trials? :o