Parents! Reckon They Know It All!

jonny_smith

hey,

i really need help becasue i really need a grind and new pads on my t-rex and my dad thinks that its a silly idea and is stopping me from having them done. (N)(N)

Can you please say why they are good and how much they improve you braking and how they do not damage your wheels a lot.

thanks it will be very much appreciated!

(Y)(Y)

Edited by jonny_smith

In all honesty i think about 80% of the forum run a grind.

You dont "need" on, but it will improve your braking by probably about 5x

You could also invest in some BT yellow pads, which are sposed to be really good on a smooth rim. But in the english weather, if you get caught in the rain, you wll probably find that the smooth rim slips on the back wheel where it wont on a grind.

But you dad is right, grinding the rim is detrimental to the life of the rim, even if it is only slight. But its less detrimental to your health to have confidence in you brake when jumping on a rail.

Yea most people on the forum use a grind.

It doesn't take of that much life of the rim and makes the brake allot better.

but if he still says no then invest in some bt yellow,zoo or plaz pads with abit of tar but don't ride in the wet as your brake will not work.

Mr monty

Edited by Mr Monty

well rims these days are made so thick that a small grind wont matter at all. Just tell him that. Thats what i said to my dad when i wanted to grind my wheels.

he still thought it was a silly idea, but hearing my brakes justified the point lol.

He then went out and bought me a new angle grinder lol.

You can also tell him that falling off hurts and you need a good brake set-up so that you dont face plant things. (Y)

Hope i helped this life and death situation :D

alex (Y)