Saddam - Executed.

JT!

Ok then. Put some f**king common sence into this forum...

Who gives a f**k how he died, do you think he gives a f**k how he killed thousands of innocent people? Its f**king murder at the highest degree, abusing powers to MURDER people. Hes not innocent by any state, regardless if no weapons were found, regardless of what the year may be now compared to then, he still did it.

The way he was executed? Who actually gives a f**king shit. Its an execution, its not meant to be humane. The purpose of the whole exercise is to end the life of the guilty, which was achieved. Name one way of killing someone thats 'humane' and that'll be the solution to everything.

Hanging is by far the most pleasent way to be killed compared to those he used mustard gas against!

Quit the hippy bullshit, please.

Shit, not as gruesome as i thought it would be, but still pretty gory, especially when they have a close up of his dead face...

Maher - I didn't hear a snap?

anzo - Are you telling people that think it's wrong that he was hung that it was ok to hang him (which it was) or are you telling it to everyone? If you get what i mean.

Broomer - Possibility, if his neck has broken he might be twitching?

Edited by Fat Pants

anzo - Are you telling people that think it's wrong that he was hung that it was ok to hang him (which it was) or are you telling it to everyone? If you get what i mean.

Everyone who things its wrong that he was hung.

Oh darn it, I hope they used Vasaline on the rope so it didn't burn his neck, bless him.

Don't you think it's a pretty horrible thing though? I mean the act of hanging someone up so they dangle from their neck until they die? Even if you agree with the death penalty, there are better ways of doing it. Lethal injection for one. I just can't imagine what it would feel like to be standing there waiting for the floor to give way. Horrible. You wouldn't do that to an animal.

Obviously he was a bad guy, and yes he killed a lot of people. But an eye for an eye and the world is blind. The fact that the Iraqi government would kill a guy as punishment just perpetuates the feeling in that part of the world that life is cheap. To me, life is something very precious and taking any life is wrong. Obviously you're entitled to your opinions, but so am I. I'm not stupid, I just have different opinions to you.

Tom - You have a valid opinion and it's a good one, don't agree with it really, he snuffed out around a million? lives, i think that at least he should die for that. Lethal injection is euthanasia, what you do to poorly pets, not cold hearted mass murderers.

I agree with your statement about life is a precious thing - it is, think, it's a WHOLE life, hard to fathom without some hard thought...

Hanging

OR

Effects of Mustard Gas

Mustard gas causes eye irritation, conjunctivitis, and blindness. If inhaled, mustard gas strips the mucous membrane that lines the respiratory tract, causing internal bleeding, severe respiratory distress, and death (blistering of the skin and lungs). Mustard gas also attacks DNA within cells, causing birth defects and cancer.

The effects from mustard gas can sometimes take up to 12 hours to appear, however once they appeared, the effects were extremely painful. Although some persons exposed to mustard gas during the war died within days after exposure, many suffered for several weeks before dying a painful death.

Edited by anzo

Two wrongs don't make a right...

I'm not starting an argument, but I cannot see how imprisonment would solve a punishment for a crime of this degree. I don't know quite how to describe this but I tend to think of it has Saddam was an evil person, responsible for innocent deaths...murders. Imagine if this guy was responsible for the death of your family, girlfriend ect and you were still alive to live with the aftermath. What would you expect from this trial?

Edited by anzo

One thing ur all forgetting .... now sadam has died he has just become a marta (N) wich makes a new place for a crazy bobmber to jus come along and preech the the uneducated terorist muslims ffs they should ahve tourchered him until his last breath hes scum and for making people suffer she should have suffered .... good ridance !!!

One thing ur all forgetting .... now sadam has died he has just become a marta (N) wich makes a new place for a crazy bobmber to jus come along and preech the the uneducated terorist muslims ffs they should ahve tourchered him until his last breath hes scum and for making people suffer she should have suffered .... good ridance !!!

Torture would cause FAR much havoc than hanging. Hanging was short and sweet, limited time for interuptions or any distractions. Regardless of him becoming a martyr or not would affect the state of iraq or any terrorists me thinks. People won't fight in the name of Saddam, they'll fight in the name of Allah.

Although he whole point of him claiming to be a martyr was innocence to which most gather to be bullshit anyway, I'm not sure you can really claim yourself to be a martyr as he did.

Edited by anzo

Well, that was dissapointing, they could have atleast employed a camera man that could use a camera, silly twats.

All this for an anti climax like that, ahwell!

Don't you think it's a pretty horrible thing though? I mean the act of hanging someone up so they dangle from their neck until they die? Even if you agree with the death penalty, there are better ways of doing it. Lethal injection for one. I just can't imagine what it would feel like to be standing there waiting for the floor to give way. Horrible. You wouldn't do that to an animal.

Obviously he was a bad guy, and yes he killed a lot of people. But an eye for an eye and the world is blind. The fact that the Iraqi government would kill a guy as punishment just perpetuates the feeling in that part of the world that life is cheap. To me, life is something very precious and taking any life is wrong. Obviously you're entitled to your opinions, but so am I. I'm not stupid, I just have different opinions to you.

Nope, to animals they twat them over the head and skin them alive, then leave them to die.

Pretty much what saddam did to those people really.

He deserved to die, could have been in a less dissapointing way but that's how it goes. and to the people saying it was cruel what they did to him, open your f**king eyes for gods sake!

Two wrongs don't make a right...

OH DAMN!

So what they should have done was given Sadam a beach house in the Carribean, apologised for the inconvienience caused during the invation of his nation and let him live the rest of his life in luxury.

I knew we were doing something wrong with serious criminals...

EDIT: the point I'm getting at is I don't understand how his death is supposed to be more "pleasant" than those he inflicted murder upon.

Edited by Shaun H

grr, I'd have been in on this thread earlier if the new site worked with stinky laptop firefox

a drop hanging is virtually instant, neck go snap, person die - ergo not very cruel.

I think it's exactly what Saddam deserved and probably what he would have wanted - he lived by his rules and died by them.

I can't add much to what spacemunkee has already said on the subject so I'll just voice my agreement.

a drop hanging is virtually instant, neck go snap, person die - ergo not very cruel.

thank you.

now this is a fact. and he will become a martyr. but i don't think a few of you realise the important bits:

He was sentenced by His own people

He was executed by His own people

We [the west] had "found him" he was then given to the UN who let him stand trial in an iraqi court

so there will be no reprisals against us for the majority. at least not here. and while some of you may not agree with the principle of hanging;

i really don't think you're in a position to comment, given the fact that most of the iraqi people are living in the wake of what he did.

for those who are chumps, here is a brief summary:

Executed political opponents

started a war between the government and police

started a war with iran

gassed a shitload of kurds

invaded kuwait

had equivalents to the SS and Gestapo

etc.

so it's not really anyones position to judge it, They lived with it, They sentenced him. to wich i say, fair enough.