Profiles

jim-p

What are everyone's opinions on profiles, I was gunna go for a cassette one on my stock, like the 6 speed 135 spacing one, It's all internally the same as the bmx ones, are they decent, worth upgrading from a Hope XC other than the obvious more than double e.p's. P.S sorry to hijack the thread but you have your answer and i'm sure you wanna know how they fair too ;)

My Profiles never skipped.

Well, not badly anyway. It's slipped before, only when I ride away...

I bought it 2nd hand (of Siders) and he says he never serviced it, or anything.. And has been fine. :)

Just to let you know... :ermm:

What are everyone's opinions on profiles, I was gunna go for a cassette one on my stock, like the 6 speed 135 spacing one, It's all internally the same as the bmx ones, are they decent, worth upgrading from a Hope XC other than the obvious more than double e.p's. P.S sorry to hijack the thread but you have your answer and i'm sure you wanna know how they fair too ;)

Really not, the 135 spaced profiles are useless. If max-t wants to post again he will explain, as he has had 3.

It really depends; some peoples skipped like school-girls while others haven't ever skipped. But normally they will take about a month or so to properly bed in. (Y)

Mine still skips now and i've had mine for about 2 and a half years, so theres nothing to be worried about...

Cheers,

Joe.

jim am i right in thinking all you have done to were your hub in is walk to the top of a hill and roll back down again with no peadling involved because if this is true its not going to do alot you need to be pedaling also and puting force on the peadals not just rolling.

hope this helps see you soon mate :)

jack

Hubs aren't like breaks, there's no special way of bedding them in. The best thing to do is to just ride normally but sticking to fairly small stuff until you trust its bedded in enough. Or alternatively, strip it out and remove the grease for a quick fix.