Wheel Help ............... 26"

Chris_Walker

Rite guys just some advice needed.

I wanna know if i can run a 26" rear try-all rim inside a Monty Urban Frame instead of the usual 25" thing they put in? Baring in mind ill be running discs.

If i cant do this can i fit a Maxxis Highroller tyre on a 25" rear rim?

Chris

pretty sure you can, could on the old ones no problem but they did have lnger chainstays......I think the bhest bet would be to measure the frame and see if theres enough room for a 26" wheel and tyre (if you have the frame)

get out and ride yeeeeee

i used a tryall rim and rear disk on my monty urban for a bit.

so yes.

im pretty dam sure theres room on the latest one too.

iolo.

and no you cant put a highroller on a 25" rim, u gotta use the monty tyre.

if your going up on wednesday give me a shout old boy. il take you somewhere better than the glen :P and its not 3 far from the glen either. we could do an hour or so up glen and an hour or so up this other spot.

Waynio.................

let me know or give us a bell.

monty used to sell little 1/2 inch adapter to make 26" work

iolo made some steel mount that just lifted up a little bit to run my x-lite phatso on my urban.

could make some thing similar very easily.

just get a peice of alu and drill 2 hole to mount it to the frame and 2 more hole 1/2 an inch further up (Y)

monty used to sell little 1/2 inch adapter to make 26" work

iolo made some steel mount that just lifted up a little bit to run my x-lite phatso on my urban.

could make some thing similar very easily.

just get a peice of alu and drill 2 hole to mount it to the frame and 2 more hole 1/2 an inch further up (Y)

Ah thanks for that. I was going to get some CNCed ones done, but that^^ sounds a lot more friendly on the wallet :)

EDIT: found them in Germany :D

http://www.monty-bikes.de/TrialParts/Bremsen/48002315

Edited by bikerider

I dont need to have any mounts on the frame to be fair cos am runnin discs when hope send me em.

Na am ridin the grey framed urban. Feels really nice i gotta say. Just like a big mod. you cant moan at me now for riding a baby bike. Now that ive been convertin into a man.

Chris

I dont need to have any mounts on the frame to be fair cos am runnin discs when hope send me em.

Na am ridin the grey framed urban. Feels really nice i gotta say. Just like a big mod. you cant moan at me now for riding a baby bike. Now that ive been convertin into a man.

Chris

good to hear it (Y) loved my urban, have there been any geo changes since the red/white first model ones?