How To Clean A Disc Rotor?

Clownbike

Hey

I recently got oil all over my disc. I tried to resurect the pads through BBQing and sandpaper, but noting worked.

I've purchased some new ebc gold pads, but i'm worried the rotor may have some residue of oil on it. What is the best way to wash/clean it? I had a little search and there were a few suggestions of; fairy, heating with a blow torch and sandpaper etc.

But what is the best way if there are any other ways.

Cheers

Neil

Isopropyl alcohol is the best way. Will take off all the oil without leaving any residue behind. Put in on with a towel, rub off the dirt/excess, allow to evaporate and your good to go. Isopropyl acohol is in surgical spirits but if you want purer 100% stuff you'll need to buy from somehwhere else other than the pharmacy.

Isopropyl alcohol is the best way. Will take off all the oil without leaving any residue behind. Put in on with a towel, rub off the dirt/excess, allow to evaporate and your good to go. Isopropyl acohol is in surgical spirits but if you want purer 100% stuff you'll need to buy from somehwhere else other than the pharmacy.

Yup, you know what your'e talking about. Clean it fairly well with just water, then use the alcool. For the pads, I use alcool on them and I sand them a bit with supper small grit water sanding paper. Isopropyl alcool is also knowed as rubbing alcool...