Magura Oil And Water

MattB

Hi there guys

Got my friend here who's brake I'm bleeding. Basically he ran it with oil for quite a while and now he wants to switch to water. So I bleed it with water a few times and but the lever feels spongy and comes in almost to the bar. Is there something I'm missing.

Thanks matt

I had this problem a while back.... I still don't know why forcing fluid through the system didn't get rid of all the air, but I just kept on bleeding it over and over again, and it eventually worked?

Sorry not much help, hope someone can clear this up for next time/ can an air pocket get trapped in the lever when bleeding etc?

use a footpump or stirrup pump to blow all of the oil/water out.theres alot of it in there!!bleed the brake a couple of times close the stystem off and squeeze the lever repeatedly to get the water everywhere in the brake.then bleed again.make sure the hose is routed through any tight curves also bleed the brake from the brake to lever(syring on the brake) and raise the handle bars as vertical as possible.oh..and when your pushing water through tap the caliper,hose and lever in that order...think it may help any air shift to an out of the lever. i bled mine with a pint of water.

be patient too...good luck dude

craig

if you have bled it and it still seems to have air, just do a top up......undo the lever nipple and put your syringe in there (make sure theres no air in the tube from the syringe) and pull the lever in and holdit there untill the air has gone into the syringe, once it has let the lever go and it will pull new water into the maggie, keep doing that until no more air comes out...give it a few fast pumps to make sure theres no small bubbles and your good to go.

That way garrentees theres no air in the system and is easier to do than a standard bleed.