Brain Fart

Wright Pads

New frame, new geo, new ratio

1115mm WB

+80mm BB

72* Head Angle

I can go with freewheel, king or pro 2.

Will be using the correct stem of 155mm reach and 40* rise with a 10mm spacer so it's 165mm reach.

What ratio should i use on thus setup then. It's same geo as a Vinco for the Vinco riders out there

Pete

Edit, pending the outcome of this will say what hub i use for the rear.

Awful geo :sick:

Are you 6'3'' and find anything under 1095 too small and have sore back after? Better stil have you even rode anyhting for more than 5 mins in that geo..nah. Not many here have.

Now answer my question or shut up about the geo....bitch fest is all you can do here

Pete

Are you 6'3'' and find anything under 1095 too small and have sore back after? Better stil have you even rode anyhting for more than 5 mins in that geo..nah. Not many here have.

Now answer my question or shut up about the geo....bitch fest is all you can do here

Pete

ok just joining the rest of the club ;)

First i've heard that you have to change your gear ratio just to suit the new geo of a bike. Maybe just get a setup that you can change easily, like a hope pro II on the back, so you can change the sprockets to ajust the ratio, and then just go by feel.

First i've heard that you have to change your gear ratio just to suit the new geo of a bike. Maybe just get a setup that you can change easily, like a hope pro II on the back, so you can change the sprockets to ajust the ratio, and then just go by feel.

I got a feeling 18:15 is what Tarty ran on the Onza/Tartybikes proto frame! Due to the BB being up so high. 20:17 and 22:17 did not feel right on MK1 Mc2 off Freshproducts.

Pete

Pete

Im 6'1" and find anything longer than 1070 as baaaad.

And about the bitch fest - you're worse than me

Pete

I feel for you on the back problem thing - ive found though - it doesnt matter how long the frame is its how upright the riding position is ... my pure has a huge centre bb to centre top tube but its upright compared to that of current bikes of a similar wheelbase...

anyway about the ratio - there was a post not long ago which had tabulated all the different combos of gears.... i would say that probably you want something that lies in between 22:19 and 22:18 on either a 16 or 18 tooth front cog / freewheel... but go for a pro II - mine is getting on for nearlly a years trouble free trialsing.

Is it...so why does every one of my post get crashed but little muppets as you self... pleh

Ive never crashed one singe post made by you (exept by this one). Why others do may have something to do with you being such an asshole most of the time.

I feel for you on the back problem thing - ive found though - it doesnt matter how long the frame is its how upright the riding position is ... my pure has a huge centre bb to centre top tube but its upright compared to that of current bikes of a similar wheelbase...

anyway about the ratio - there was a post not long ago which had tabulated all the different combos of gears.... i would say that probably you want something that lies in between 22:19 and 22:18 on either a 16 or 18 tooth front cog / freewheel... but go for a pro II - mine is getting on for nearlly a years trouble free trialsing.

The geo for reach is set correctly. WB affect cockpit length adversly and greatly along with headangle. 72* feel perfect for trials. No point to change it. And i have the correct stem and spacer for the BB rise so reach is set correctly. Not many do this, you do though Rowan. All the year i've known you and rode with you you've had it dialed.

22:17 and 20:17 was way too easy and i think 20:17 works out as 18:15!!

I run a king currently and i get Hope free right now so debating about getting a Hope Pro II Disc Rear Single Speed - Trials as to the trials hub. I'll run a King Kog due to the thick wide base too.

Why get a Hope when i can have a very sexy Chris King thats been custom modified with one solid state stainless steel axle and stainless steel single speed drive shell.

sounds like you have made your mind up? so why ask what setup to go for :unsure:

anyway, im the same as gtf (but 6ft 2), long bikes just feel awkward to me! then again, im more street orientated

is this the frame you were talking to me about on msn? i take it you found a suitable builder at last?

Why get a Hope when i can have a very sexy Chris King thats been custom modified with one solid state stainless steel axle and stainless steel single speed drive shell.

Why ask us if you should get a hope, king or freewheel when you seem to have made up your mind allready? Seriously, you ask a question, and then when someone gives you an answer you respond as you did above :unsure:

I would say get a hope because it's free, designed with trials specifically in mind (not an XC hub modified for trials) and you'll probobly have better support from hope seeing as they are UK based, and your dad owns them.

What exactley is a solid state steel axle? Solid state generally referrs to 'circuits that do not contain vacuum tubes or, more currently, moving parts.'

sounds like you have made your mind up? so why ask what setup to go for :unsure:

anyway, im the same as gtf (but 6ft 2), long bikes just feel awkward to me! then again, im more street orientated

is this the frame you were talking to me about on msn? i take it you found a suitable builder at last?

No i'm an indesivie little f**ker as my brother use too call me. I haven't mad emy mind up at all. No this is not the frame at all. I never found anyone as there is soemthing doggy going on out in the far east with many riders names here being used and yet nop ties. I do have a contact for someone to do what i wanted but not sure if i can be bothered anymore.

Why ask us if you should get a hope, king or freewheel when you seem to have made up your mind allready? Seriously, you ask a question, and then when someone gives you an answer you respond as you did above :unsure:

I would say get a hope because it's free, designed with trials specifically in mind (not an XC hub modified for trials) and you'll probobly have better support from hope seeing as they are UK based, and your dad owns them.

What exactley is a solid state steel axle? Solid state generally referrs to 'circuits that do not contain vacuum tubes or, more currently, moving parts.'

No i haven't why whould i ask..duh. Nor did i say at the start or anyhting, just someone said about this thats it! Dude my dad does not own hope. If your going to try and be the cocky little picky sod..do it right!

The king axle is not solid, it's hollow and it parts as to all one. This was lathed down form a big rod to the alternating od's of the axle, polished, then bored for the fun bolt and taped and then died on the non drive for the bearing pre load. Nice solid and stiff. Wont see it cracking like all my past HD's

Right speaking with the main man that will answer this all in one

Pete - Pain is the weakness leaving you rotting corps says:
Thomas, any ideas what ratio you ran when you had the vinco and do you run a hard ratio than most due to being some bloody powerfull?

TRA. komplett KOXX Coustellier selges 7999kr says:

i had 18-16/15 .. i run 16-14 now, thats the best . hmm , i dont want to run very heavy gear because its not any good for natural i think.

so 16-14 on the Coust thing and the Karbon but was 18:16/15 on Vinco? So you used std gearing ratio to what anyone could ride even though your a power house

TRA. komplett KOXX Coustellier selges 7999kr says:

i have changed alot between 18 16/15 .. so i think i had both on the vinco .. but i used mostly 18-16

Okay cool cheers dude for you time

18 front and 15/16 on the rear. So that said and done and it does look good being small, no i need to work out FFW or a std cassset hub of which i'll have to run 16 @ the forn or 20.

Pete

No i haven't why whould i ask..duh. Nor did i say at the start or anyhting, just someone said about this thats it! Dude my dad does not own hope. If your going to try and be the cocky little picky sod..do it right!

The king axle is not solid, it's hollow and it parts as to all one. This was lathed down form a big rod to the alternating od's of the axle, polished, then bored for the fun bolt and taped and then died on the non drive for the bearing pre load. Nice solid and stiff. Wont see it cracking like all my past HD's

Fair enough, dad might not own it, but you've claimed in the past that relatives of yours own hope or are top designers/some big wig at hope.

I know the king axle is not solid, but you said it was a 'solid state' axle. I wanted you to explain what exactley that meant, but I guess seeing as it's another manifestation of yours (like titanium holes) I doubt i'll get a direct answer without you beating around the bush like a politician.

What is it about pete that make's all his topics turn to shit? his confrontational manner?

So you're going from an HD axle to a 'solid state' axle? Will that increase speed and resilliance to shock, but cost a whole lot more?

</geek>

The Chris King HD axle is wank. Ask all whom have used one and snaped or cracked it and where it failed. Every one of mine dies on the bass inserts and along the length of the axle. My stainless steel ones has not nor will. The axle is not ment to take the impact and reduce it, it's to take an impact yeah but thats it! It cost me £15 to have it made, taped and threaded and polished. I might get some more done and offer them as an upgrade to the HD already out or skip the King HD and go for this.

Fair enough, dad might not own it, but you've claimed in the past that relatives of yours own hope or are top designers/some big wig at hope.

I know the king axle is not solid, but you said it was a 'solid state' axle. I wanted you to explain what exactley that meant, but I guess seeing as it's another manifestation of yours (like titanium holes) I doubt i'll get a direct answer without you beating around the bush like a politician.

What is it about pete that make's all his topics turn to shit? his confrontational manner?

Yep Ian and Alan are they two behind Hope, they control what you get and whom works there right down to paying for toilet paper there.

Ti holes? Duno where you keep getitng that idea from. If you are really going to try and tak the micky. Least have the direct evidence. Drilling holes in ti easy. Helium top tube was a sealed pre preg carbonfiber clinder with 200psi of helium in there via a short sharder valuve used on a phase unit. Germany compnay makes them for all sorts of things.

I'm only confrontional due to you being a dick as well as other basicly.

You ask a question right...you kinda hope for a yes no answer with a tiny bit of info not you digging up stuff form what 6 years ago and twisting everything.

If you wana tiwst meet me in person and twist my balls. Then we see whom here is man enough as well as gay enough. Im man enough to let you do it but i know not one person here will do it. Thats fact, drunk, sober, stoned, pilled up not one single little kid here would do it. Look @ Tomturd, he controls this place yet he has still never contacted me after Danny asked for my number to give him to in late 2006.

if you think im pateftic for still being here. No just wana help the sport on and be part of it but also am man enough still to come here and put up with kids thinking they are the be all of trials and life. Some yes but 99% far far from it.

Now just stick to the topic i put on the 1st page in the 1st post and we all can get along rather happerly can;t we

pete