My Xen...

The Duck

Well, I had a little knock on the back of my head when I was riding yesterday. The good news is I was wearing a helmet. The bad news is I think I might have broken the helmet <_<. Here are the piccys...

post-10393-1169382191_thumb.jpg

post-10393-1169382170_thumb.jpg

Slightly naff pictures, I know.

That little 'Acu Loc' joint keeps clicking out of place when I tighten the helmet up, which means its really loose on my head, which is exactly what Xens aren't designed to do. Is there any way for fixing it? I was thinking about just super-gluing it in place, but that might not work and might void my entitlement to a half-price replacement.

What to dooo? :(

Note to self: add pictures

Edited by Quackers

This happend to mine mate, all i did was zip tied it, not had a problem since with mine. hope this helps

Zip tied it? How did you do that? Put a zip tie all the way round the outside and into one of the air holes over the joint jobby? :lol: Sorry thats as clear as fog.

Exactly the same thing happened to my mate's E2. Pretty shoddy design if you ask me, but I believe they've sorted it with more recent ones... Anyway, he just taped it up with a load of electrical tape. It does work OK, though I'd be surprised if gluing it is going to void any half-price replacement scheme.

Its not really a shoddy design, lids are made so they break when you crash, thus absorbing impact forces away from your melon.

You are supposed to buy a new lid after every crash.

I know no-one does, hell mines pretty f**ked aswell.

Wack some glue in it and see if it works, if not pad your lid out with kleenex and gaffa tape. (hell if your gunna bodge it make it look bad while your there)

I hope that wasn't an insult to my £12.50 helmet Dan :angry::lol: .

That little 'Acu Loc' joint keeps clicking out of place when I tighten the helmet up, which means its really loose on my head

Really loose my ass. Its fine!!! The only reason your worrying is because now you can't tighten the helmet up like a bloody vice. But seeing as you are the perfectionist then the superglue idea sounds like it should sort it out.

Joey B

Edited by fugigas

I hope that wasn't an insult to my £12.50 helmet Dan :angry::lol: .

Really loose my ass. Its fine!!! The only reason your worrying is because now you can't tighten the helmet up like a bloody vice. But seeing as you are the perfectionist then the superglue idea sounds like it should sort it out.

Joey B

Who made you the expert mr twelve quid fifty planet X soup bowl? Its was very loose, if it was designed to be that loose they wouldn't have made any attempts to make it tight. When you pay sixty odd quid for a helmet, your not after the same fit as a planet X -£15 jobby. :angry:

Edit: Your english so say arse not ass. :teehee:

Anyway... A load of tape seems to have done the job, me being very cautious, in the warranty bumf it says 'Use of any solvent based products will automatically void any claim on the warranty'. So I didn't end up using super glue.

Edit especially for the ass/arse expert: Joe doesn't own a donkey... don't want to waste forum space.

Edited by Quackers

sure it can be easyly fixed mate i will haev a look when you are out next.

also this is exactly why £60 helmets are not worth it mate, just buy something cheaper next time

joe £12 50 helmet thats where its at, even though are's look shit, they will protect your head better that thoes xc jobs and also it will never go wrong there bulit proof (well not actualy bulit proof but you get me! lol)