Rear Freehub + Disc

PaRtZ

Im so fed up with maguras now (no ali im not going to v's yet) I want to go DD

looking at a monty 221 + an avid bb7 (because I know how to service them and they give me much less hassle than hydraulic systems) problem is Im already at £265-275 with getting the frame, disc brake, rim + spokes and I don't want to have to get a freewheel and f**k up my cranks in the process

Sooo i want a good reliable rear freehub which can take a 12t cog AND have a disc mount. I don't need a million ep's, my profile is good enough for me so anything similar will do

Incidently if anyone knows where I can buy a profile disc hub please help me

Thanks tf

ive got a BB7 on the rear in 160 size rotor and im not really that impressed it seems to slip alot,

it is alright if your riding natural, ive got sd7 levers and clarks cables and liek i say it still isnt great like the front ones.

I guess some people see a working brake as cheating in the same way some people see a mod as cheating. I can see the challenge, but I refuse to accept it

Then why do you choose to make magura pads instead of vee pads ? :P

On topic, i'm pretty sure profile is your only option, pretty sure they are the only people that make a disc rear cassette hub.

Meh, he wants to try a different frame geometry and not only go dual disc. So making an adapter wouldn't solve everything.

You could get a 16T freewheel on the rear and some larger cranks but it looks like you don't want to change yours.

So it's either a Profile or a King with incorrect rotor alignment.

So be it a Profile. I'm sure you can get them from the USA, prices will be much lower including shipping as well. I think the Cassette costs 170 dollars over there?

edit: if you want something temporary, search for "kore hoochie bmx disc hubs"

Edited by Inur

I guess some people see a working brake as cheating in the same way some people see a mod as cheating. I can see the challenge, but I refuse to accept it

i for one love a challenge ali :) I think a vee is too powerful and too light and too out the way... :P

Thanks for replies, has anyone got a woking email address for profile? I sent one and its been sent back :S

Sortoff Off topic. Does anyone know where to get a King rear disk 20" from?

I dont think that particular flavour of hub is available...

Anyone know if the rumours of a mod hope pro II are true ?

Edited by huge