Cracking Or Snapping A Zona Zip

Muel

Its all in the title really...

I need to know if these frames snap easy, as I am planning to buy one as soon as the money arrives.

I have just cracked a T-PRO, I imagine that these are a bit more hardy than a T-PRO though?

Nope.

Only one that has snapped, was one of the first prototypes. - Which had different tubing to the current ones.

They're beasty, strong frames. - I've got a tiny dent in my downtube, but that's it.

I've also cracked a T-Pro. :turned:

They're quite a lot longer than T-Pro's though, my T-Pro was 1000mm, and my Zona is 1040mm (wheelbase)

But they ride a lot nicer. ;)

Nope.

Only one that has snapped, was one of the first prototypes. - Which had different tubing to the current ones.

They're beasty, strong frames. - I've got a tiny dent in my downtube, but that's it.

I've also cracked a T-Pro. :turned:

They're quite a lot longer than T-Pro's though, my T-Pro was 1000mm, and my Zona is 1040mm (wheelbase)

But they ride a lot nicer. ;)

Thanks for that info, How long have you had your Zona for?

I really want a longer frame this time, I am not bothered about it being a bit hefty, so does anyone have any other suggestions? I want to buy new and also I can't spend more than £250.

yhe zona zip is one of THE best riding mod frames ever built. FACT.

and you can decide this on your own...

there isn't just one best riding frame, because everyone has different preferiances (sp)about the geo of a bike, it's all based on opinion

looking at the facts like weight and strength, the zona isn't close to being one of the best at all...

I can't afford a deng frame atm, I need top spend as little as possible but get a frame that will last longer than my T-PRO.

My Riding isn't up to much really so I can't justify spending £300 on a frame to then put all my shite T-PRO bits on.

EDIT: Thaks for all the replies, looks like I am getting one! I can realistically only stretch to £200 for the frame so I think there isn't much else out there but if anyone has any other ideas?

Edited by KuelMuel

:blink: Its the best mod i've ridden for a VERY long time

Its cheap

Its strong as hell

Its normal sized stuff (unlike monty dropouts etc)

OK its maybe a few 100g's heavier but who cares?

Geometry is very nice but thats a personal thing

Mines been going since they came out. Its taken 3 9ft drops and various other drops and still has no crack or sign of weakness. I've also done hundreds of sidehop to stays which have obviously chipped it, but its not bent

Top frame (Y)

:blink: Its the best mod i've ridden for a VERY long time

Its cheap

Its strong as hell

Its normal sized stuff (unlike monty dropouts etc)

OK its maybe a few 100g's heavier but who cares?

Geometry is very nice but thats a personal thing

Mines been going since they came out. Its taken 3 9ft drops and various other drops and still has no crack or sign of weakness. I've also done hundreds of sidehop to stays which have obviously chipped it, but its not bent

Top frame (Y)

Okey Dokey then, I'm getting one! My biggest drop is ooohhh 4Foot? at the most... And I can't sidehop "properly" yet isn't it great when your T-PRO breaks after just 8 weeks when you have absolutely no money because you have just spent another £150 on it... piss.

What bar/stem would you recomend to go with this extra long frame? Zoo bars? Echo Team/Hifi stem?

Edited by KuelMuel

What bar/stem would you recomend to go with this extra long frame? Zoo bars? Echo Team/Hifi stem?

Deffinately, Hifi stem is a tad low for a frame that long but the team stem and Zoo! risers will set you up very nicely indeed (Y)

Completely changed my bike putting mine on !

Joel ;)

Thanks for that, my mate (magluke) has the tea stem and echo tough bars on his t-mag, rides nice but too low for my liking, but he runs fall guy forks, which are the heaviest forks we have seen so far! if it had lighter/taller forks it would ride much nicer me thinks !

I won't be able to buy these until a couple of months after my frame, so for the mean time it is T-Pro bar/stem ***!

EDIT: Next Problem, Grey or Silver? Grey will chip, silver will still scratch, grey is cheaper, any ideas?

Edited by KuelMuel

I run the older Zoo bars, with an Echo Team stem - Minntt.

Also have Echo Lite forks..which change the height etc a bit too.

As PartZ said, these frames are mint.

Yes they're heavy, but you really don't notice it when you ride it.

They just do everything nicely. - Sidehops, gaps, staying on backwheel..etc.

Get one.

Bitch. :P

Thanks for all the help Dan, looks like I am geting a Zona Zip, in silver, with my green maggies and onza hog wheels with green rim tape, I think I'm going to leave at that with the green bits, unless they are painted, Black bar/stem, green or black headset? Black echo 6061 cranks, no bash.

Sweeeeetttt...

So is to be a green or a black headset? It will probably end up with either Green or white try-all fluro wheels one day, either fluro green rims on black hubs or white rims on black/green hubs, what do you think?

Not really anything topic related but are you aware that you can take your broken t-pro to supercycles and use it for a half price replacement policy. Basically they'll take half the RRP of your t-pro frame despite how you broke it and deduct that price off your new zona zip.

Just thought you might like to know.

Thanks for that, I'll try it, I'm not sure if they will for me though, because my frame has been welded up three times in an attempt to make it work, and it has been completely shot blasted to make it look nice.

Have a look in my profile and click on the gallery tab, it looks rather nice even though it is witout pedals and has a huge plate over the cracked area...

Thanks for that, I'll try it, I'm not sure if they will for me though, because my frame has been welded up three times in an attempt to make it work, and it has been completely shot blasted to make it look nice.

Have a look in my profile and click on the gallery tab, it looks rather nice even though it is witout pedals and has a huge plate over the cracked area...

Dunno, i snapped my second hand XC forks at the steerer tube and they replaced them with half price smart guys. Wont hurt to ask.