Avid Bb7

jonny_smith

hey,

After sorting out my front maggie (works real nice now) i have been thinking of the advantages of putting an Avid BB7 on the front (203mm) (would put a Hope on but cannot afford it and i have heard good things about this brake) and running a echo front hub ( i like the idea of the allen bolts becuase i've already messed up my QR quite a bit on my deore) but my question to you lot is what lever and cable would you recommend? I have a shimano deore V-Brake lever and cable (brand new) hanging about would this work nice or would you recomend something else? I want the brake to feel very solid because i hate squishy feeling brakes.

Thanks for the advice

Jonny (Y)

hey,

After sorting out my front maggie (works real nice now) i have been thinking of the advantages of putting an Avid BB7 on the front (203mm) (would put a Hope on but cannot afford it and i have heard good things about this brake) and running a echo front hub ( i like the idea of the allen bolts becuase i've already messed up my QR quite a bit on my deore) but my question to you lot is what lever and cable would you recommend? I have a shimano deore V-Brake lever and cable (brand new) hanging about would this work nice or would you recomend something else? I want the brake to feel very solid because i hate squishy feeling brakes.

Thanks for the advice

Jonny (Y)

first of all id like to say the avid BB7 is a brilliant brake my brother has just got one with this lever. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=6198

there very nice levers as the blade is quite like the old maggies and not to pricey. anyway hope that helps

It's a quite simple.

Try to use bb7 with your shimano deore V-Brake lever ....and if it doesn't work...buy avid fr5, sd 7 or xtr lever for example.

But it'll probably works fine because avid bb7 is a greatest brake...maybe THE best.