My Project Ready For April 07

Hendrix

Fair play for trying. I remember riding a 21" Carrera Optima for dirt jumping and then using it for trials. It was useless to ride but still great fun to ride.

With enough determination you can ride anything. I can still remember Tim Steadman riding old Saracen frames untill they died and then he'd find/borrow something else 'till that died. Now he's one of the best riders I know.

If you can find any of the old old Tials Punks videos they're well worth a watch.

It's all in the determination.

Firstly - Thanks to everyone that's with me on this! I'm not spending any money on it, all parts I'm finding around off of other bikes..

Arent you 17?

Get a job you lazy b*****d...

I do have a job, but I'm putting ever penny away for Music College later this year. Bear in mind, that's £7500 now! :ermm:

If you go to the scrapyard you could probably find a better frame than that and they'll let you have it for about a tenner. Thats going to be horrid to ride for trials. And am i the only one that thinks sawing the seatube off, setting the brakes up and fitting new grips doesn't really merit being called "an achievement".... its like 30 minutes work. And they're changes that aren't really noticable. Sorry to sound synicle but i honestly don't think its worth the effort.

Maybe the policeman was referring to the deathtrap of a bike he was riding. Surely the yellow paint job would make it better for motorists to spot you therefore making it better!

What was the debate about the seat staying on?

Hendrix - "Can I take the seat off my bike"

Parents - "No, Leave it on"

Hendrix - "OK"

Nearing Completion

I've now stripped more weight off of it, to the extent that it weighs the same as a racing bike...

I've got two more layers of paint, and the pin striping/wheel painting left...

the brakes fitting on it well, and nicking some grips off another bike...

then

FINISH!

3 weeks left :D

im so tempted to just give u a better frame.

unless ur 10 years old ur old enough ti earn sum money to buy a decent bike, i cant explain how bad its gonna ride and how shit its gonna be, and how quik it will break, very nice little project, but stop wasting your time and get a job,

sorry to piss on ur fire.

I've decided that this is just going to be something to bide my time...

...til I've paid for music college (£1200) - and then I'll put money together for a real trials bike.

it'll be a show bike, because it's going to be cromed (Y) - &&& My neighbour'll do it for free :D

ERMMMMMMM, this guy is bonkers! hendrix dude this is going to be a serious lost cause as a TRIALS bike. if you just wanna go jump up some curbs then fine you will have fun on your CButler but please be careful if you are going to attempt anything serious. its for your own good!

ERMMMMMMM, this guy is bonkers! hendrix dude this is going to be a serious lost cause as a TRIALS bike. if you just wanna go jump up some curbs then fine you will have fun on your CButler but please be careful if you are going to attempt anything serious. its for your own good!

Don't worry. I shant be doing anything major on this bike. It's break as soon as I tried. It's basicly a piss up bike, to throw around on-road and off-road.