Echo Brake

Wright Pads

What's so great about those brakes? - Surely they'll just be as good as a magura?

I take it you'll be paying for the brand which is why they're more expensive!

and that they have been developed to tackle some of the area's maguras fail i.e stronger bar clamp on lever, shorter slaves so you dont hit them with your pedal, longer lever blade for more responsive braking?

research and development costs money

- NEW CNC machined rim brake from trials specific brand Echo!

- Full 6061-T6 construction offers strength and quality never seen before on rim brakes.

- Similar TPA adjustment to the Magura HS33 brake is hidden away neatly.

- Pinned lever blade pivot is held in place by a grub screw: much neater than other current rim brake systems, and prevents it from coming loose by itself!

- Supplied fully bled and also includes colour-matched Echo CNC brake clamps and Echo brake pads.

- Also includes CNC machined Echo lever blade in the same colour as the brake mounts, cylinder washers and brake bolts.

- 80cm (front) and 120cm (rear) main hose as standard (which can be easily trimmed) to fit all bike setups.

- Smaller brake cylinders offer better crank and heel clearance, and are also lighter!

- Weight: Approx 315g per brake, including 4 bolt mounts

large_newebrake.jpg

Basicly every fault with Magura has been looked at and chnaged or removed by many chnages. For starters Magura are Magnesium alloy which fails easy. Echo are CNC 6061-T6. These are fully CNC'd not Deng's cast then CNC odd the surface but full on. The brakes are then heattreated (T6) after being CNC'd which make them tougher. Better hose, like Hope old black stuff. Think Magura used it some point on there disc stuff. The leaver bolt is a pin, which make a huge change. Hose pre cut and bled so all you should need to it fit it on the bike! Free set of pads and clamp inc for the best setup from new (pads i'm very unsure on). Slaves smaller so crank and heal interfearnace is a thing of the past with 47mm rim etc. Lighter, sexyer.

Only think i would of asked for is a post mount clamp like the Hope leavers as to slide on and clamp down.

Mind i think he said it's been 2 years in devlopment so thats good to know.

Anyone want to order one as i might well be today

For starters Magura are Magnesium alloy which fails easy.

Though I've never heard of a Magura slave cylinder failing. Threads being stripped yes, but not failing. Therefore the magnesium alloy is suitable for the purpose.

Echo are CNC 6061-T6. These are fully CNC'd not Deng's cast then CNC odd the surface but full on. The brakes are then heattreated (T6) after being CNC'd which make them tougher. Better hose, like Hope old black stuff. Think Magura used it some point on there disc stuff. The leaver bolt is a pin, which make a huge change. Hose pre cut and bled so all you should need to it fit it on the bike! Free set of pads and clamp inc for the best setup from new (pads i'm very unsure on). Slaves smaller so crank and heal interfearnace is a thing of the past with 47mm rim etc. Lighter, sexyer.

Stating the obvious really Pete? It doesn't really add anything that you can't find elsewhere...

Good find on the pricing though.

Though I've never heard of a Magura slave cylinder failing. Threads being stripped yes, but not failing. Therefore the magnesium alloy is suitable for the purpose.

Stating the obvious really Pete? It doesn't really add anything that you can't find elsewhere...

Good find on the pricing though.

ive seen a couple of slaves actually crack before, i mean total falliure of metals

ive seen a couple of slaves actually crack before, i mean total falliure of metals

Once i've finshed sorting a upload out i'll go to me atic and get the slave that cracked and made me fall the 11ft and put my in plaster for 5 weeks. Mag's fail daily, trials, xc, all have there problem but i've cracked slaves countless times.

Joe his a checky sod for having 2 of them

Inur proves one other point. Poland get them for £70, usa has them for £101 and we have them for £150. China must be cheaper than Poland on them at least. I know i'm pushing thing with what i say as i'll be telling all to not to by Deng stuff in the UK

Really thats odd, let me know whom they are as i may know the owner of them and can sweet talk to them and get a reason! They probs said shipping costs or soemthing.

Edit: Something which is odd

odd.jpg

Why would TIm be here reading this? Tim helped kick start the Deng empire off years and years ago and far as i know still is involved big time with it....now that odd he is here as i haven;t seen nor heared of this guy in years and year and more donky years

Edited by Wright Pads

Once i've finshed sorting a upload out i'll go to me atic and get the slave that cracked and made me fall the 11ft and put my in plaster for 5 weeks. Mag's fail daily, trials, xc, all have there problem but i've cracked slaves countless times.

Joe his a checky sod for having 2 of them

Inur proves one other point. Poland get them for £70, usa has them for £101 and we have them for £150. China must be cheaper than Poland on them at least. I know i'm pushing thing with what i say as i'll be telling all to not to by Deng stuff in the UK

With me in mexico you can get them cheap like 120 usd i dont know how much is in £

also this brakes have the aluminum tpa !! no more shitty plastics tpas stuck!!

With me in mexico you can get them cheap like 120 usd i dont know how much is in £

also this brakes have the aluminum tpa !! no more shitty plastics tpas stuck!!

$120 USD is £61 currently. Shipping and customs ontop of that.

I'd stiil say China is cheaper

Is $120 USD confermed form your shop that has them right now in Mexico?

Pete

This is slightly :offtopic: but does anybody know if these lever blades are the same as the echo magura cnc'd levers?

It's been said exactly what they are Ted! Think about it why make a new product ontop of soemthing you make already and why not build around it thus increasing your market ten fold?? So yes the leavers are exactly the same as the Echo, GU, Zoo, etc to fit the 05 styled Magura HS33's and come in all the colors he does too.

Trialsin USA is still very much going Pete. I noticed though that he doesn't stock Zoo or Echo anymore, just Zhi. Maybe Tim is still a keen trials rider, not to mention lover of good music and fine cheese, who's looking for more info on the Echo brake?

One thing that's troubling me with this. That price from Midwest Biketrials, it's $200. That's a bit over £100. Plus shipping - say £20. Now tax and duty on that could be £28.05 based on duty at 5% and no handling charge being levied. Total so far, £148.05. Shipping time of a week, and you've saved exactly £4.95 over buying it from Tartybikes. And you're probably waiting a few more days for your shiney bits to arrive. And if they break you'll have to send them back to the States for warrenty issues.

At the end of the day, isn't it better to buy it from a UK stockist like Tarty or Selectbikes? It may cost a couple more quid, but you're helping to sustain the UK trials scene, which helps everyone.