Giro Xen

20inchsuperstar

Right, i got my 2007 Xen for christmas, and, it broke!

where the plastic roc loc bit goes into the helmet by the straps and the peak, both sides have snapped out!

they will go back in but come straight back out of the holes. i have boged it and, it works. they are now jammed into the little holes a bit further down and stick out from under the padding.

im not sure if i should try and fix it or send it back. i want to send it back cos ill have a proper working one again, but i wont be riding for a week or two as i wont have a lid. i think its on warranty but, if its not, im screwed.

the first one snapped out when i tightened it up when i put it on, and the second when i got hit in the head by the smallest snowball ever known to man.

has this happened to anyone else??

if so , what did you do about it?

cheers

matt

Where did you buy it from ? You could get a warrenty helmet through that company or deal with madison direct i'm sure. Sounds like you should get another though, its not usual for this to happen, mines 2 years old nearly and never skipped a beat. Make a few calls in the morning :turned:

From what i think you mean. The same happend to my xen so i just got some proper strong glue like stuff off my dad and glued them back in good and proper. That happend ages ago and is still fine.

I had had mine for longer than warrenty at this point so didnt send it back, if i were you i would send it back too see if i could get a new one just cos its probably safer

Steve

if you sent it back they would do "Crash Replacement" they wouldnt do it free. UNLESS it was a manufacturing defect with the helmet.

but iv had numerous Xen helmets and iv only ever done it once (what you have done to yours) and it happened after an impact, ripped the roc-loc system out then i, (as ash kennard said) zip tie it up, and its fine, other way is to do what ashtonsteve said, get the roc loc in place and fill the hole with glue (something decent)

Wouldnt worry about sending it back unless you really have had an impact on it and it has crumpled some of the polystyrene and indented the helmet.

Waynio.....................

I'm pretty sure mine wasn't an impact, the Roc Loc just ripped out as I was putting it on. I guess my head is kinda fat, but I still don't think it should have broken. It's not a big problem at all though.

exactly what happened!!!

i spose glue will be in order then! lmao

cheers guys

matt

Happened to mine, I've used a load of electrical tape because it says in the warranty that solvents will void the warranty and cash replacement thing. Tape does the job just about, but I wouldn't use glue because then you'll have to pay full wack for another one if you do some serious dammage.

Max

Take it back to wherte you bought it from, by law they have to sort it out if its faulty. If it was ordered online and they live within a certain limit (can't think how far) they actually have to arrange for it to be picked up if your not able/willing to do it yourself.

And before anyone asks, yes its true... its written on the trading standards site somewhere.

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Feb 14 2007, 09:12 PM)
A broke helmet is just as bad as no helmet <_< . Either a week off the bike or a hole in the head?

Joe.

my thoughts exactly. and if you bodge it together or glue it, and then have a crash and smash it to pieces, they aren't obliged to replace it because its been tampered with. Worst of all, if you sustain injury (or even die) from the crash, because the helmet didn't do its job, then they can still say it didn't work due to tampering and that the warranty is void.

Not worth it

Smithy

yea its functional, stays on my head, and if i bail and get a hard whack, itll only break where it would normally.

im going to send it back first thing monday, as i have a ride this weekend, and i dont wanna go lidless!

cheers though guys, these have really helped.

matt