Ahhhhhhhhhhh, My Hands

ilikeriding

Ive been riding bikes for a while now and the skin on my hands has conisderably thickend to a point where its not nice to look at, i realise that anyone who doesnt wear gloves will get this to a certain degree. I hate wearing gloves and i just wanted to know if anyone has any advice on getting rid of this.

Ive been riding bikes for a while now and the skin on my hands has conisderably thickend to a point where its not nice to look at, i realise that anyone who doesnt wear gloves will get this to a certain degree. I hate wearing gloves and i just wanted to know if anyone has any advice on getting rid of this.

Just about everyone that sees my hands tells me to wear gloves after I explain that the callouses are from my bike, even regular bike riders tell me to wear gloves. Thing is, I do wear gloves, and they often get replaced yet the callouses/hard skin never fade. I have always worn gloves and will continue to. The callouses have given me trouble, and did hurt but the pain fades away in due course and you'll get used to it when it returns after a period without riding.

One day I couldn't find my gloves, so decided to go riding without. By the time I got back, my callouses were bleeding and were torn up and there was above average pain for about 2 weeks, riding or not. So really, callouses are unavoidable with trials and will happen, even with one day of riding. The only way to keep them under control and keep them bearable is by riding regularly and by wearing gloves (Y)

Has happened to all trials riders. Just take the pain for now, will be gone soon. When I took a month out going back my hands got destroyed but now they are as hard as nails.

My friend uses 'palm protectors' which seem to have worked for him (look them up on crc). We both ride with gloves (Y)

In conclusion take it like a man :) Will heal over soon

Phil

Take the pain for the now eventualy it will fade if your riding alot if you're ever out and its unbearably sore try wrapping some damp tissue round it ( ive always found it soothes the pain) but you'll need to wear gloves to keep it on probably. The only downside to taking the pain at the moment is if you stop riding you'll have to go throught it all again when you restart. As for it looking bad theres nothing ive ever found wrong with it makes youre hands look manly. GRRR lol

It's funny that this topic should show up today. I have some pretty underdeveloped skin on my hands, and today I wore a huge blister right in the middle of my palm. Anyway, my plan was to come home, take a shower, see if any new vids were on the forum, and then head into town to get some gloves... I just don't want to not be able to ride tomorrow!