Command And Conquer 3 Demo

Krisboats

Well, it's a high spec game, and my system is pretty old now, and that is very zoomed in, looks much better whilst playing. Tell the truth, it's pleasing enough to look at when playing, because it's an RTS. Had it been an FPS, then I would agree, graphics arn't special, but it's not the same, IMO.

And Partz, apparently not... :turned:

Yeah, but, you can only play 1 mission of GDI, the tutorial, and you can only do skirmishes as GDI against NOD, at varying degrees of difficulty, without the playstyle options, on one map.

So basically, you don't even see the Scrin, and the only way you can play as NOD, is a very fast Engineer Rush.

Takes up 2.7Gb on your HDD aswell, makes you wonder what it's full of...

Must have some dam high rez textures in there. Should look sexy maxxed out. Im having to download it via bittorrent :(

It does look very nice with everything set to max... got some laggage after i had a tonne of units bombing everything... but then i'm on a 754 athlon 64 3000, with a 7600gt and a gig of ram. Hardly even bordering average spec nowadays :lol:.

That's where I got it from, took an age...

Mine is on full, except shadows, as you can see, which are on lowest, because I'm not fussed about them.

To be fair, the shadows don't really look any better on high anyway.

I gave this a bosh last nite brought back memories of the good old days. But i wish you could zoom out further it seams way to close for selecting a massive army.

Also antialiasing doesn't seam to work :blink:

What level you got it on? Mines on level 3 and seems alright. I think i had to restart the game before it looked normal though. And i totally aggree about the zoom levels, its almost claustraphobic playing it sometimes when you want to see whats going on.

Guess theres still things to fix before they release it.

That could be your problem, EA haven't really got the hang of supporting nVidea, such as on CS:S you can't run HDR and AA at the same time with nVidea, but you can with ATi's equivelent (excluding the 8800GT's).

Maybe there's a similar problem here? Because my X800 pro is fairly happy with it.

That could be your problem, EA haven't really got the hang of supporting nVidea, such as on CS:S you can't run HDR and AA at the same time with nVidea, but you can with ATi's equivelent (excluding the 8800GT's).

Maybe there's a similar problem here? Because my X800 pro is fairly happy with it.

EA don't make CS:S though. I didn't think it was possible... you can't do it on far cry either. You could be right though, i don't fuss with things like that.

will have to give it a look :)

oh and its not EA's ability to not make hdr and AA work on nvidia cards, its the physical architecture that isnt capable of supporting it. ATi absolutely pissed on nvidia for raw image quality up until the 8800 series came out.

EA don't make CS:S though. I didn't think it was possible... you can't do it on far cry either. You could be right though, i don't fuss with things like that.

This is true, but Valve Games, when bought on CD are produced by EA.

I hadn't realised it was an architectural thing, thought it was just game support.

Command And Conquer's ar awesome games... So I downloaded this one... and it is rather darn good! :)

Although I cant get the mega graphics... the best I can get without my pc juddering and going slow, is medium, that sucks like! How much does a decent graphics card cost to get built into your computer? As I want to buy the actual game but dont really want to if I cant get the best graphics??

Any help on prices etc would be very much appriceated! :D(Y)

Command And Conquer's ar awesome games... So I downloaded this one... and it is rather darn good! :)

Although I cant get the mega graphics... the best I can get without my pc juddering and going slow, is medium, that sucks like! How much does a decent graphics card cost to get built into your computer? As I want to buy the actual game but dont really want to if I cant get the best graphics??

Any help on prices etc would be very much appriceated! :D(Y)

Depends on whattype of slot you have mainly, but i'd say £100 would get you one that'd play it on full, £120 would get you one that'd play it on full with all the fancy stuff turned on as well as full quality graphics.