Smo™

I'm sure there's already a topic but search revealed nothing so foremost let's get the apologies out of the way.

Where to begin?

Holy shit. What an awesome film. Anyone else want to give a thorough bumming to the makers, or is it just me? For anyone who hasn't seen it you must get yourselves down to the Cinema as soon as you can. The slow motion fight scenes were fantastic, especially where King Leonidas is charging into Xerxes' army.

Fantastic film and unforgettable fight scenes. A little lacking in the story but that's not what people have paid to see.

Any thoughts?

I saw it yesterday. It is an unbelievable film. As you said the fight scenes are brilliant. I loved that huge monster thing who fought with The Immortals. I also loved it when that weird, freaky, son of a spartan is dressed in Persian clothing. lol.

It's about a group of hopeless romantics looking for love. Starring Cameron Diaz and Hugh Grant. Well worth the watch.

Hahahahahahaha, what? Hahahaha, I have no idea why but that is the funiest ting I have read all day. I love you Smo!

Davey

Proper beleter of a film, apperently based on a true story?

Yeah it is mainly based upon a historic battle.

Xerxes and his Persian army tried to invade greece with a 1million man army but the greek didnt have enough time to get their armies together for the battle.

So the SPARTANS basically got the biggest hardest mother f**kers in their army and got them together at a valley type thing 'Thermopylae' and managed to hold the Persians off for 5 whole days, which gave the trojans enough time to get the rest of their kick ass army together and open a can of whoop ass.

Sooo if the SPARTANS hadn't won the battle and the Persians had won then there would be no western world as we know it, no freedom of speach, no democracy no agricultural age, no industrial age etc etc an we would probably all be living in mud hut.

I havent seen the film yet but really want to as shona's dad has been telling me about it for ages as he was asked to go for part as he was involved in a battle enactment society.

Edited by Bucky

Xerxes and his Persian army tried to invade greece with a 1million man army but the greek didnt have enough time to get their armies together for the battle.

So the Trojans basically got the biggest hardest mother f**kers in their army and got them together at a valley type thing 'Thermopylae' and managed to hold the Persians off for 5 whole days, which gave the trojans enough time to get the rest of their kick ass army together and open a can of whoop ass.

Sooo if the Trojans hadn't won the battle and the Persians had won then there would be no western world as we know it, no freedom of speach, no democracy no agricultural age, no industrial age etc etc an we would probably all be living in mud hut.

I havent seen the film yet but really want to as shona's dad has been telling me about it for ages as he was asked to go for part as he was involved in a battle enactment society.

You mean Spartans Bucky?

Frooty

So the SPARTANS basically got the biggest hardest mother f**kers in their army and got them together at a valley type thing 'Thermopylae' and managed to hold the Persians off for 5 whole days, which gave the trojans enough time to get the rest of their kick ass army together and open a can of whoop ass.

Sooo if the SPARTANS hadn't won the battle and the Persians had won then there would be no western world as we know it, no freedom of speach, no democracy no agricultural age, no industrial age etc etc an we would probably all be living in mud hut.

If only you was my history teacher at school! haha. I would have paid so much more attention and learnt so much more.

Seen it tonight... its bloody fantastic... the whole thing is incredible!

ALL the fight scenes get me wet... they've been done so well!!!

And all the Spartans are built like tanks... :o

I deffo recommend this to everyone... well worth the watch! (Y)

I'm going to be seeing it with my Father aswel... SCORE! ^_^

f**k all story line to be honest. I liked the fighting was pretty decent film overall. It was a bit like blackhawk down except a few hundred years difference, just swap yanks for half naked blokes. Infact couple black hawk down with brokeback mountain and you pretty much know whats going to be happening.

Saw it on a sexy big screen, f**king mint film. I wish armies were like this today instead of using pussy guns and shit...hell, they all just sit back an fire rockets at each others asses now. Spartans and Samurai's ***!

Full film if you aint watched it. http://free-tv.50webs.org/flvplayer.swf?ur...d7cf48f4ed4d404