Carbon Rotors.

Fishy

After watching Moto Gp, I was thinking how powerful their brakes must be. Then I read up that they have to be warm to be able to modulate, otherwise they are too bitey.

So wouldn't they be perfect for those who love a none moduation front/back brake?

I don't mean the actual calipers, just the pads and rotor. And I know the cost would be loads.

Suggestion away...

Pretty sure no-one said carbon fibre. ;)

The break discs that people refer to as carbon are a carbon-ceramic.

Carbon-Ceramic is a carbon fiber reinforced ceramic silicon carbide composite with excellent material properties. It can be tailored to specific applications, for example very low density with high strength.

I don't think it'd be great for push bikes really, It is a brittle material (asin it shatters before it bends, not its weak) And because of this it would need to be quite thick, and there for heavy. Also the thinkness would mean youd need to re-design current push bike break calipers, also adding weight.

Think of the cost...

£40,000 for a ferarri enzo brake rotors... (carbon ones)

How do i know this? my uncle owned a ferarri enzo... (no im not bullshitting...) he had it for around 6 weeks, then sold it for £1,040,000 he made the extra £40,000 cause he just got the new brakes added... and he said, it makes the whole diffrence in going fast and slowing down... pitty i never got to go in the car :(

i get confused with the moto gp team,last year they said the carbon brakes werent grabby at all when cold,infact they were pretty poor,until they heated up,then they worked great,and worked at their optimum around mid race,which was when the temperature was ideal for them.bloody confusing they are!

by the way,who enjoyed Vale's showmanship at the end with his fanclub as bowling pins?that guy is pure class.i remember an interview with him a while ago :"Valentino,why do you live in London?why not Spain or Italy?" he replied with "the girls are better looking in London,and the beer isn't week as shite!"

:( 4 weeks till the next round!

Carl

i get confused with the moto gp team,last year they said the carbon brakes werent grabby at all when cold,infact they were pretty poor,until they heated up,then they worked great,and worked at their optimum around mid race,which was when the temperature was ideal for them.bloody confusing they are!

by the way,who enjoyed Vale's showmanship at the end with his fanclub as bowling pins?that guy is pure class.i remember an interview with him a while ago :"Valentino,why do you live in London?why not Spain or Italy?" he replied with "the girls are better looking in London,and the beer isn't week as shite!"

:( 4 weeks till the next round!

Carl

was a good round that. some very nice riding, that bloke who bailed on the corner looked nasty, fair play to him for getting back on the bike and kept riding!