Nbr 25

that NBR dude

How is it coming across as a tool? Just because i am one of the only posters to not like the video and dont care for the whole pussy footing around the subject doesnt make me a tool.

I couldn't give less of a shit about you and your opinion on anything, but from reading people's replies here, what people were saying on MSN and what people were saying in the Reports log, people obviously thought you were being a dick after reading what you said, or more importantly, the way you said it. As a result, you were coming across "as a tool".

Oh, and by the way, from my experience and in my opinion, people tend to be a bit sketchier riding natural than riding street. Like when I'm doing street, I'll keep doing something 'til it's smooth and there's no f**king around. With natural, I try and do it smoothly and tidy, but in comps and stuff I'll take a clean even if it's rough as f**k. With a lot of natural shit, there's an element of hitting and hoping too as you can't always check what something's going to ride like 'til you're on it. So I'd say there was more of a case for planned riding when it's street than in some natural situations.

Amen that man, was boring as hell and nothing was very impressive....

Correct me if im wrong but this is the "Trials Videos" section of the forum isn't it? :) XC vids anyone? lol

Who cares if it wasnt impressive to you?? 90% of videos on this forum arent impressive in my opinion, but thats not the point is it. If someone wants to show their riding off, who the f**k are you to judge them and say its not impressive? Can you do half the stuff in that video? I serisouly doubt you can.

And yes this is a trials videos section. Big woop! This in some peoples eyes is the style of trials they choose to ride. There isnt a sidehop or a drop gap in it. OH NO!! If this video had Danny Mcaskill in it, im sure the replies would be completely different, as everyone on trials forum bums him (no offence Danny, you are a legend)

Im sick of this narrow minded shit! I thought this place had grown up, but apparently not.

Who cares if it wasnt impressive to you?? 90% of videos on this forum arent impressive in my opinion, but thats not the point is it. If someone wants to show their riding off, who the f**k are you to judge them and say its not impressive? Can you do half the stuff in that video? I serisouly doubt you can.

And yes this is a trials videos section. Big woop! This in some peoples eyes is the style of trials they choose to ride. There isnt a sidehop or a drop gap in it. OH NO!! If this video had Danny Mcaskill in it, im sure the replies would be completely different, as everyone on trials forum bums him (no offence Danny, you are a legend)

Im sick of this narrow minded shit! I thought this place had grown up, but apparently not.

agreed.

While i'm in such a pedantic mood, here are a few quotes taken out of the Danny McAskill thread...

however i dont like how you have named only streetier riders as those who have pushed the limits, (i know you said to name only four) this is something you cannot do, imo, trials has many different variances, in the end we are all trials riders, and the respect for each other should be more than it is, however it doesnt seem that way. comments like yours, whether they are innocent or not, seperate out sport into almost different disciplines.

To be fair I class trials as anything whether you add bmx style or anything else.

I personally think linking one discipline to the next does no harm - Each individiual discipline will benefit - It also allows more variation to moves

Mint video (Y)

What I'm really appreciating in vids at the moment is fresh riding, more originality of moves etc. That sort of thing rekindles my motivation to get out on my bike. Top marks for that!

Regarding Spacemunkee's posts, why all the hating? It's a fun trials vid - I've wasted too much time myself rising to Spacemunkee's posts..... I couldn't remember doing anything bad to provoke such negative comments thrown in my direction. It's the sort of thing that puts you on the back foot when it's not your thing to go around treading on people's toes! Hohum, I guess there will always be people who are like that.

Steve

All the arguing hurts me deep inside...

Thanks for the info, no doubt when I'm back at uni (Southampton) I'll be taking a trip to that skatepark on the train or something. A few weeks ago I drove past there in a coach and it looked awesome, was just trying to work out if it was the same place!

Whoops just looked back and realised the post before me said it was Romsey >_<

It will be fun just the same :)

Mint video (Y)

What I'm really appreciating in vids at the moment is fresh riding, more originality of moves etc. That sort of thing rekindles my motivation to get out on my bike. Top marks for that!

Regarding Spacemunkee's posts, why all the hating? It's a fun trials vid - I've wasted too much time myself rising to Spacemunkee's posts..... I couldn't remember doing anything bad to provoke such negative comments thrown in my direction. It's the sort of thing that puts you on the back foot when it's not your thing to go around treading on people's toes! Hohum, I guess there will always be people who are like that.

Steve

Steve i have nothing against you. But at the time there seemed to be endless amount of people loving your pads for the wrong reasons and i felt you werent getting any negative feedback at all. How are you supposed to produce good pads if all you get is people saying "they are amazing blah blah blah" then you read the pad review thread and see they run your pads with tar. You ended up making batch after batch of prototype pads which have eventually landed where? coust pads in alu backings?. I feel that if you were given some more criticism back in the day then maybe we would all be running a decent batch of heatsink pads right now instead of everyone pussyfooting around it all in fear of hurting your feelings since you were doing it out of your own spare time.

Steve i have nothing against you. But at the time there seemed to be endless amount of people loving your pads for the wrong reasons and i felt you werent getting any negative feedback at all. How are you supposed to produce good pads if all you get is people saying "they are amazing blah blah blah" then you read the pad review thread and see they run your pads with tar. You ended up making batch after batch of prototype pads which have eventually landed where? coust pads in alu backings?. I feel that if you were given some more criticism back in the day then maybe we would all be running a decent batch of heatsink pads right now instead of everyone pussyfooting around it all in fear of hurting your feelings since you were doing it out of your own spare time.

since when was this the chat about pads sub forum?

Sorry for this being off topic, but again I have to put the record straight :)

The whole thing was, you got the wrong end of the stick about me adding Coust pads to my range. It wasn't due to any problems with my pads. Quite simply Coust pads had no decent backings, and rider demand was (and still is) high for them. It made perfect sense for me to fill the niche with my 3 available pad backing types and pad making experience. Why not have a go at every other shop that stocks more than one sort of pads? Is this an admission that the others they stock are rubbish? It's a groundless argument and one that I wasted alot of typing time trying to politely explain.

It's no accident that many others find your comments on a variety of topic just go too far into the hating direction, provoking spirited and angry replies. There's some amazing stuff happening on the forum, why not find something to get behind rather than tearing things apart?

Steve

My god you lot argue like girls over the last top in a cloths shop. Really if there was a topic about coke an pepsi and which was better it would be people telling other people there shit just because they like something different.

I don't care what you all think, to me that video was equally inpressive as a CLS or D watson or ANY huge street riding. It actually inspired me to go out, get off my ass and NOT argue on this place about how good or shit you think it is and bloody try an ride my bike like them. Spent all day at it, was pretty shit but a I had good laugh.

Arnt the videos on here all about showing what you can do and inspiring other people to give it ago?

nice, summat different. fred's got skills :D sean seriously stop looking like eddie tongue will you!

what was the tune??

encore!!!

Haha at last someone who thinks the same! Ive always said he is Eddie Tongue's long lost brother!

The tune is called "No pills, no frills" by Midnyte I believe. Fred, feel free to correct me on that one.