Hs33 Fluids

LiamWood!

i will be ordering the magura service kit from tarty to sort my rear break out, i got told it feels good at the lever if you use wd40 as fluid? :blink: so i was thinking about doing it with wd40 or is it a bad idea? i dont want to ruin my seals and stuff. is there any other fluids that can be used and wont hurt my hs33? i may just use the blood that comes with it, unless someone can shed some light on the best fluid :P

cheers liam (Y)

Edited by mission1

bleed them with water mate. it is amazing, it feels realy smooth and you get a faster response, also another good thing is that it is free out your tap!

cheers lou.

yeah , you could do it from the tap but you might have to change the water every 5-6 weeks so the iron in the water doesn't affect the seals, or alternatively you can buy de ironised water or distilled water as its more commonly known from places such as halfords. Then you won't have to worry about changing the water that often.

cheers Nile

:D Halfords dot 4/5.1, 250ml, £3/£5

Clever sod, I hope thats what you use.

Aslong as you stick to magura royal blood or water, then you should be ok.

The De ironised water is just what is put in some car/ forklift batteris, halfords sell it I believe. You wont feel any difference than normal water though.

Good way of bleeding is to use 2 syringes, 1 at either end, then push the fluid through (think thats how we used to do it lol.)

Edited by Si-man

If you're going to use oil, use mineral oil. DOT oil eats throught the seals, and generally rapes Maguras.

Everything else works, i've used water since I got my Magura...been alright.

People have use baby oil, WD40/GT85, Synthetic oil, water, anti freeze+water, anything and everything.

water doesnt ruin rubber so its fine, anyone who says otherwise is just stupid.

wd40 would be fine to use as it wont damage rubber or metals.

duno about dot fluids.

magura blood is just expensive lol.

i find water provides the best feel and is cheap.

if your brakes work dont bother, unless your picky like me :)

i think i might try wd40 to see what the feel is like, i also blew all the crap out of my master cylinder and slave cylinders there was a fair bit of grime in there (N) then i polished my lever so its all shiney crome it looks mint lol :D cheers for the advice guys (Y)

water will evaporate on the hot days, so i have been told.

Not really! when me and Joe Oakley went to Valencia 'Spain' at the beginning of this year. it was extremely hot over there, and our brakes had just water in and they were perfectly fine. We had no problems at all.

pAuL!

Clever sod, I hope thats what you use.

Aslong as you stick to magura royal blood or water, then you should be ok.

The De ironised water is just what is put in some car/ forklift batteris, halfords sell it I believe. You wont feel any difference than normal water though.

Good way of bleeding is to use 2 syringes, 1 at either end, then push the fluid through (think thats how we used to do it lol.)

Sorry but this really winds me up, its deionised water and has nothing to do with iron!! there is no iron in deionised water and probablly isnt any in normal water because most pipes are copper..

but anyway I'm not gonna go into what fluids would be best as I don't know what effect water has on the seals or which oils are best etc!

Edited by SomeoneNew

Sorry but this really winds me up, its deionised water and has nothing to do with iron!! there is no iron in deionised water and probablly isnt any in normal water because most pipes are copper..

but anyway I'm not gonna go into what fluids would be best as I don't know what effect water has on the seals or which oils are best etc!

errm who said it did have something to do with iron?