New Gu Bikes, When Are They Out?

Davetrials

i have asked tarty if thay had a more specific date but they said not yet, also when buying just the frame the bash is suplied in silver and you cant choice a differant colour :( id prefer gold oh well silver more practical i guese B)

Edited by powerz

Just a quick update:

I spoke to tarty again today and they said the frames would be in stock in around 3 weeks time due to them moving, i was hoping they would be in next week i cant wait 3 weeks :( . It better be worth the wait :lol: which im sure it will :D

surely they will be available from select earlier then seeing as they aren't moving

Good point, iv'e never brought from selectbikes are they any good ie quick at deliveries as iv'e always delt with tarty who are spot on.

well i asked selectbikes 1 week ago now but no reply yet,

i have a 20" GU at the moment, obviously not the new one but can anyone tell me the differances in geometry ect as im to thick to under stand all that. :$

i,e has the new gu got a higher or lower BB than the old one ect.

what are the pros and cons of the new frames geo.

Thanks for any help.

Link for GU frame spec- thats the new GU. With geo under the description.

The old one I cant find on tarty. They may have discontinued it.

I have a short Gu Mod and from what I can recall :-

- 1005 mm wb

- 72 degree head angle

- +60mm BB

- 385 mm chainstay

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Dont quote me on this, it's what I can half remeber. Pretty sure its correct though!

Steve

Edited by Steve H

Im not sure its only 5mm, you need some BB rise for sidehopps and gaps.

Comes with bash plate any way so if you're learning big tricks, saves you destroying your bashring!

They do look nice though :$

Steve

Steve

They do look lush its just im not sure if its worth me laying out £300 for, but its a bonus it having a bash and the fact that its black. thers too many silver frames out.

Im not sure its only 5mm, you need some BB rise for sidehopps and gaps.

Comes with bash plate any way so if you're learning big tricks, saves you destroying your bashring!

Steve

You post trash, im sorry, but that's like the third post of yours i've seen today that's made me think 'oh dear'

You need some bb rise for sidehops and gaps? what are you on? with a mod you need BB rise to make it even rideable, never mind doing anything more than back hopping.

To powerz, your experiance e-mailing select is the same as mine, no reply, mind you I hear tarty arn't allways on top of e-mails which is why I allways phone, so much quicker, less change of mistakes etc...... Try ringing phil on 07841359796, he was having hassle with his email and stuff...

As far as I know he is the deng importer, (tarty are too but phil seems to get his stuff a bit earlier, or at least used to) so if you have any chance of getting one it's probobly off him.

Cool thanks for the advice 'jake1516' i wernt having a dig at selectbikes btw, yea il give phil a ring im £20 short at the moment, so close yet so far comes to mind lol.

so as long as i find £20 before the 21st (which is when tarty is open again & should have em in stock) i will try selectbikes. (Y)

Sorry Jake, if ive confused you.

Its just i had a bike with no bb rise and it was hard to do sidehops and gaps. Now with a bike that has BB rise Its alot easier. Like you say, so thats were i was coming from.

Ill shut up in future then

Steve

What do you mean by "oh dear" exactly. Enlighten me.

Edited by Steve H