Is This A Good Price?

Trialdan

Ive seen onza t-pro in a local cycle shop for £420.

Its a 2006 T-Pro, HS-33 f/r brakes with hog drilled rims, with Creepy Crawler tyres.

Is this a good price and is it a good bike for an ex-trialer getting back into it 6 years on?

Thanks.

Very good price. The 07 t-pro bikes are now specced with v-brakes so grab that one while you can. Try a bit of bartering too, it won't hurt to try.

Cheers, it is a limited price so wouldnt mind getting in there. Is it good for a begginer?

my first bike was a onza t-bird(big mistake), my friend who i ride with all the time got a t-pro for his first bike and he exelled in his riding much further than me in the first few months of riding! unfortunatly he got it stolen >_<lol

Edited by gu_lew

Thanks everyone. Im going to go to the shop this weekend coming and take a look. Will 99% likely to buy one otherwise i wouldnt be going. Lol.

Is there anything i should alter on the bike to make it easier to learn on or just jump on and ride?

Thanks everyone. Im going to go to the shop this weekend coming and take a look. Will 99% likely to buy one otherwise i wouldnt be going. Lol.

Is there anything i should alter on the bike to make it easier to learn on or just jump on and ride?

just jump on and ride to begin with when you begin to excel or break anything is when you should look to upgrade, but its really up to you mate theres no "rules" with what to do with a bike, you could spend all the money you have on it its your bike :)(Y)

Ive looked on ebay and there are several. Just words in my mind say NO. Theyve been riden and as usuall on all sales "its only been riden 4-5 times". They could be ready to snap or things ready to go wrong. From a shop ive got comeback, warranty etc and i no its never been riden hard. Just my 2 pennies.

Right, roll on saturday, im off to the shop!

seems like a fair price, and conserning the ebay bike, i wouldn't really buy a second hand bike unless you personally know who your buying it from because

1. it could be stolen

2. you have no idea how much its been riden

3. could just break the second you get it!!!!

good luck with your buying

/jan

Edited by jandamna

Ok, so now ive found another limited deal on a totally different bike. Its a 2006 Da Bomb pro team magura.

This is the spec...

PRODUCT MODEL YEAR

PRODUCT OPTIONS

GREY,

Style

20" Wheel Trials

Frame

Da Bomb 7005 double butted Alloy frame totally redeisgned frame provides true trials geometry.Hidden seat clamp

Forks

ALLOY

Chainset

Da Bomb redesigned crank to allow high quality freewheels to be utilised. Fitted with removable 18 tooth ACS freewheel

Bottom Bracket

Shimano sealed

Freewheel

Fixed rear sprocket 12 tooth

Headset

Black sealed aheadset 1 1/8"

Stem

Da Bomb alloy stem

Handlebars

Da Bomb alloy Trials

Front Brake

Magura HS33

Rear Brake

Magura HS33

Brake Levers

Magura HS33

Rims

Alex DX32 Alloy in black

Front Hub

Da Bomb Sealed cartridge bearing

Rear Hub

Da Bomb Sealed cartridge bearing with 14mm axle

Spokes

Stainless steel

Tyres

2.0" Front 2.5" Rear Bigger Wheel Fitted

Saddle

Da Bomb mini trials saddle

Seatpost

with saddle

Pedals

Twin cage sealed bearing

Miscellaneous

Alloy bash guard with rubber damping

It is meant to be £500 but is down to £300 which is a nice £120 cheaper than the onza t-pro. What is this bike like in terms of been a begginer and common faults?

Help apreciated.

The only things on a t-pro that ever really need changing are the brake pads, freewheel and the forks (but only cos they're a bit heavy), they have nice middle of the range sort of geometry, they're pretty tough and they have standard sized parts that you can upgrade easily

The da bomb... assuming it's the classic da bomb frame it's basically the same as a t-bird - the geo is ok but it's not really up to the minute trials design. having a non-standard rear axle doesn't help with upgrading later either.

I had the cheaper da bomb complete bike and then upgraded to a t-pro. basically, the t-pro was much better

Ok, so now ive found another limited deal on a totally different bike. Its a 2006 Da Bomb pro team magura.

This is the spec...

PRODUCT MODEL YEAR

PRODUCT OPTIONS

GREY,

Style

20" Wheel Trials

Frame

Da Bomb 7005 double butted Alloy frame totally redeisgned frame provides true trials geometry.Hidden seat clamp

Forks

ALLOY

Chainset

Da Bomb redesigned crank to allow high quality freewheels to be utilised. Fitted with removable 18 tooth ACS freewheel

Bottom Bracket

Shimano sealed

Freewheel

Fixed rear sprocket 12 tooth

Headset

Black sealed aheadset 1 1/8"

Stem

Da Bomb alloy stem

Handlebars

Da Bomb alloy Trials

Front Brake

Magura HS33

Rear Brake

Magura HS33

Brake Levers

Magura HS33

Rims

Alex DX32 Alloy in black

Front Hub

Da Bomb Sealed cartridge bearing

Rear Hub

Da Bomb Sealed cartridge bearing with 14mm axle

Spokes

Stainless steel

Tyres

2.0" Front 2.5" Rear Bigger Wheel Fitted

Saddle

Da Bomb mini trials saddle

Seatpost

with saddle

Pedals

Twin cage sealed bearing

Miscellaneous

Alloy bash guard with rubber damping

It is meant to be £500 but is down to £300 which is a nice £120 cheaper than the onza t-pro. What is this bike like in terms of been a begginer and common faults?

Help apreciated.

good first bike but id still stick with the t-pro :D

ben

Ah man, im in a dillema. Da bomb sounds not quite as good as the t-pro but its £120 less. :unsure:

Will i learn faster and easier on the t-pro or the Da bomb and will £120 spent on the Da bomb be a better bike than the t-pro?

Im 5' 9" if thats any use to you.

I dont know what to do :angry: This is the bike...

http://www.bikes4trials.com/products.php?p...1p315&i=308

Edited by Trialdan

Ah man, im in a dillema. Da bomb sounds not quite as good as the t-pro but its £120 less. :unsure:

Will i learn faster and easier on the t-pro or the Da bomb and will £120 spent on the Da bomb be a better bike than the t-pro?

I don't know much/anything about the Da Bomb but I do know about the T-Pro, and frankly, they were not popular because they were crap. Especially not the 06 model. The warranty on the frame is exceptionally good as well. Personally, I'd go for the T-Pro. As soon as you get comfortable on it, you'll notice where that £120 went and you'd be happy that you'd spent it.